16.

Present Day
Monaco

Ginny wasn't all too surprised when Pierre pulled into a parking lot for the beach. Somehow, it just made sense his detour would involve salt water and sand. The two worst solutions for a wound... and that's what Ginny always had around the Frenchman... an infected wound.

Pierre parked his bat mobile in a spot overlooking the bright, blue, water. A few clouds dimmed the warm sun as the day progressed, but it didn't stop the surfers from coming out. Ginny eyed the groups of people around the parking lot, stripping their over-clothes and preparing for the refreshing water ahead. She was refreshed by the thought that people would see her death if Pierre decided to strangle her.

"I thought we might enjoy the view for a moment." Pierre unbuckled his seatbelt, but didn't make any movements that he was going to get out of the car. "And catch up... since you've already done that with Charles."

Ginny glanced over her shoulder at him, taking in his dirty blonde hair and those achingly twisted sea-green eyes. "Cut the crap, Pierre."

His cheeks flushed and then drained of color. He adjusted his elbow to rest on top of the steering wheel as he leaned forward. The smell of mahogany and wood seeped into Ginny's nose and a part of her wanted to throw up in his face. "Feisty, Feisty. You might need to wash your mouth out with soap using bad words like that."

Ginny couldn't help but scoff, crossing her arms in the process whilst Pierre grinned from ear-to-ear. "That's rich coming from you."

"But I'm a saint." He narrowed his gaze on her.

"Bullshit." Ginny shook her head in distaste. "Like your little phone call was such an angelic decision."

"I just had to make sure you weren't going to ruin my weekend." He gritted his teeth, almost snarling at her like a dog. "Because you've ruined enough already, ma chérie."

"I told you not to call me that!" Ginny hadn't meant to raise her voice, but even the devil incarnate flinched. There was a thick and heavy silence that followed. She thought about running away- jumping out the door and sprinting to the closest store. She could call Charles... not that she had his number anymore... and why hadn't he tried to stop Pierre in the first place?

No one did.

"He's been searching for you in all the girls he's dated." Pierre spoke in a slow and deliberate tone, keeping his voice low in a grumble.

Ginny could feel his eyes shooting bullets into the side of her cheek. He shifted in his seat, pressing his weight against his arm on the middle console. His breath tickled her ear as he continued. "Charles, that is. That's why none of his relationships have ever worked out... those girls weren't you."

"Why are you telling me this?" Ginny forced herself to look at him, tearing her eyes away from the happy families and surfers giggling just a few feet away. It was like she was in a completely different universe with Pierre. He was a black hole, consuming all things that radiated light and joy. And for most of Ginny's life, she'd been fighting that magnetic force. She'd been fighting the darkness that consumes Pierre Gasly.

"Because I wonder what he'll do when he realizes you're nothing but a fucking coward and a lying snake." He slid his tongue across his bottom lip.

"Fuck you!" Ginny spat the first thing that came to her mind. She instinctively whipped her hand across his face, slapping him hard on his skin. A red spot flashed across his cheek, bringing some color back to his sullen tone. "Did I try hard enough for you, motherfucker!?"