25.

Le Mans, France
Summer 2014

Ginny's room was dark. The television was the only source of light, flashing images without sound. She couldn't handle any noise- not when her head was full of it already. Her dark espresso eyes burned. She could feel that her skin was dry, swelling more than an allergy. Hot tears streamed down her chubby cheeks, and she squeezed her eyelids shut in the hope her tears would stop. Her choppy breathing and watery eyes remained for quite some time, and she laid in her bed unmoving.

Her hair was damp from the shower. She felt water droplets sticking to her oversized tee shirt. She kept her face turned to the white box fan on the floor, wanting the air to caress her until she was able to drift asleep. She had hoped to wash away all memories of Pierre and his antics- but they only replayed in her mind like a movie. A really bad movie.

She couldn't believe what had happened. Pierre had poured his wine all over her! He cracked the same glass on top of Arthur's head! And of all people... Arthur! He'd done nothing wrong.

He had only been sweet to her all night, asking her to dance, lending his arm for her to grab onto, getting her punch and snacks that they shared with giggles, making fun of the adults who kept stepping on each other's toes. She never normally hung out with the youngest Leclerc... but now she couldn't think of any reason why. She wanted to be around him even more.

On cue, there was a knock on the door. Arthur's voice was muffled on the other side, but Ginny could recognize his accent anywhere. "Ginny? Can I come in? It's Arthur."

She called out for him to enter. She heard him open the door and a few seconds later, he stood in front of the tv holding a box of chocolate. He smiled wide. "I thought you might want some dessert."

Ginny wanted to smile. She wanted to wrap her arms around his skinny neck and thank him for everything. But her thoughts wandered. They fell back on Pierre's nasty words.

No one will ever love you, you fat bitch

"I'm not hungry." She lied, eyeing the box in his hands with a frown. She clutched her blanked tighter. "Thanks, though."

"Please have some! I don't want to eat them all by myself." He chuckled, shaking his head in the process.

Ginny twisted her lips and slowly came around with a soft grin. "Alright, but only one."

He grinned from ear-to-ear and rushed over to her place in bed. He was still in his suit but the jacket was off and his white shirt was wrinkled. His attire looked like he'd been in a fight, and yet he was so bright and joyous. He didn't even have any bandages around his head. He sat at the end of her feet. She sat up and grabbed a chocolate from the box. Arthur devoured a few, before speaking again.

"Are you okay?"

"I should be asking you that." Ginny sighed, mournfully. "Is your head okay?"

Arthur shrugged, acting like nothing was wrong. "My brain is still working so I'll say yes it's okay."

Ginny punched his arm softly. "I'm serious."

"So am I." He shook her leg under the blankets. "I'm stronger than you think."

"I never thought you were weak."

"You never thought anything of me." Arthur glanced at her with his lips in a straight line. "You've always been tied to my siblings... and Pierre."

"I'm not tied to Pierre." She grimaced, thinking about how angry he looked pouring the wine down her skin. "Your siblings... well-"

"It's fine." Arthur interrupted her with a chuckle. "I get it. But I had a really good time tonight. Broken glass and all."