18.

Present Day
Monaco

The group couldn't stay at the Japanese Garden for too long. Pierre and Charles grew anxious as the time slipped away. They both needed to get to the paddock for interviews, strategy meetings, and prime grid familiarization. Even if Charles was from Monaco and had not only raced there before, but watched a million times- just like Pierre, the racers needed to prepare.

All Ginny was worried about was the fact she was going to have to meet a bunch of new people who were all famous. For Timothée, it would be a breeze greeting the drivers and making conversation because he did that all the time on red carpets and meet and greets. But Ginny had always been in the shadows... not the spotlight.

"I'm sorry Pierre and I can't stay longer..." Charles was leaning against the hood of his Bugatti Chiron. The vehicle was so sleek elegant. A perfect match for the man behind the wheel. It was black like charcoal with a red and white stripe that went all the way from the front bumper to the rear trunk. "Duty calls."

"Ne t'excuse pas mon frére." Chloe waved a dismissive hand towards her brother. She stood beside Henry with her hands clasped around his bicep. The day was growing hot and with a baby in her tummy, she must have been feeling that summer sickness. She was swaying from one foot to another, but Henry kept a steady hand on her back. "I think I want to make a pit-stop at home to change clothes."

"I'd be uncomfortable in that dress too, sis." Charles winked at her.

Ginny couldn't help but smile at the sweet gesture. "I'd also like to change."

"Should have picked a different dress." Pierre clenched his jaw from his place across Ginny. He raised his thick brows and cocked his head to the side. That sly bastard. After everything that had happened in the morning, he was still an ass. Typical. Not that Ginny thought he'd act any different... but what he said about his dad... she couldn't even begin to wrap her head around it.

"I like that dress on you, ma cherie." Charles smiled brightly, glancing at her with his sunshine green eyes. The skin around them crinkled. "But it will be even more hot on the grid. I'd suggest wearing comfortable clothes for everyone."

"Oh thank God." Tani fanned herself, falling into her boyfriend's arms.

"So dramatic." Chloe chuckled to herself.

Tani flicked her friend off with a grin.

"I'd like to drive Ginny back to the hotel." Charles announced, pushing off his car to stand up properly. He rolled back his shoulders. "If that's okay with you."

He was looking at Ginny and she was looking at him. She felt a wave of butterflies stirring in her stomach. Charles had taken off his pink suit-jacket during their time in the Garden. He had it thrown over his shoulder.

He'd unbuttoned some of his shirt, showing off a glimpse of his toned chest. Not as much as Pierre though- who could practically be shirtless. Ginny tried not to think about that. Charles twisted the rings on his fingers nervously waiting for an answer. Ginny opened her mouth to speak but Pierre beat her to it.

"I thought we established we have to get to the paddock, Charles." He narrowed his ocean-blue orbs on his friend. His body was rigid, standing with his hands stuffed in his pockets. His sunglasses were loosely hanging on the pocket of his dress shirt. "Gonna let Ginny make you late like old times?"

"When have I ever been late?" Charles chuckled, leaning over to slap Pierre on his shoulder. He squeezed gently before letting go. "You're the one whose always hungover and late, my friend."

Pierre shook his head, shrugging. "It's apart of my personality."

"Like father like son?" Ginny let the words slip out before she could even think.