27.

a/n: hey everyone! I hope you all are doing well! I apologize but this chapter is looonngg lol so don't hate me 😂💀 I got a little carried away.

Also, if you guys are interested in reading more formula one stuff, me and my bestie Dancer9816 are writing a fic together with a lot of the drivers called Find What You're Looking For! We have a lot of great ideas for the story! It's on my page if you guys want to read it!

I hope you all will love this chapter and are still loving the story thus far! Thank you!!

__

Le Mans, France
Summer 2014

After all that yesterday had brought, Ginny was happy to sleep in. Even after she woke, she laid in bed until she nearly felt like she was rotting away. Her hair smelled of chlorine and reminded her of Pierre in the pool... the way he was looking at her... it was almost like it had been a dream.

Almost.

Except that she had to explain to Arthur why her hair was dripping wet when she returned from her extra long trip to grab him ice. And Ginny was a horrible liar. Arthur didn't believe a lick of it and put two-and-two together that she had been in the pool with the frenchman. He didn't push any more questions after Ginny begged him to stop. None of her feelings made any sense and nothing Pierre said or did made any sense... so she was stuck.

Maybe Pierre had been a distraction from Charles... or was it the other way around?

Ginny knew she probably slept so long because of all the crazy thoughts in her head. Sleep was the only way to avoid them. She begrudgingly got out of bed and got dressed. She picked out a pair of frayed jean-shorts that showed off her long legs, a baby-blue graphic tee that had tiny waves over her chest, and white converse.

She pulled her hair back in a ponytail, pulling some shorter strands out of the handful. She handled all her hygiene and then sprayed the One Direction perfume she'd gotten as a birthday present from Pauline, which made her think about what her sister was up too.

The brunette stepped into the hall, glancing both ways in search of a friend... or foe. She stood straight, realizing the house was dead silent. The upstairs was as quiet as a mouse too. She furrowed her brows, wondering where everyone was. Like back home, she could sense when people were at home, and she didn't get a sense of anything.

She walked into the kitchen designated for the basement and glanced in the fridge, taking out a water bottle for herself. She chugged the contents and chucked the bottle in the trash. She felt refreshed, having had dry mouth from the chlorine. She walked by Charles and Victoria's room, then Chloe's and Max, and their doors were cracked open with no one inside. She opened the door to the game room and jumped at the sight of her sister and Arthur conversing.

"Oh, hey." Pauline grinned, showing off her perfectly white teeth. "I was just talking about you."

"Good things, I hope." Ginny plopped on the couch beside Arthur and across from where Pauline stood with her purse slung over her shoulder. "Are you going somewhere?"

"Yes." She pursed her lips. "That's what I was telling Arthur... so if you woke up and asked about me."

"Where are you going? And where is everyone else?" Ginny prodded, crossing her arms in the process.

Arthur leaned over, frowning. "We got ditched."

"What do you mean?"

Pauline sighed, pushing a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Charles, Victoria, Chloe, Max, Pierre, and Timmy all went out together. Triple date I guess. And the parents went to some exclusive country club for golf."