Chapter 34

ALEC

"This is the first time we're on a date and people actually know it", she whispers to me, as we're walking down the streets of New York, heading to a gallery. We could have gone to the one I own, but Foxy meanwhile knows it by heart from how many times we've been there. So, I've chosen a different gallery and called beforehand to announce our visit to the owner. He agreed and after my requests, enhanced the security measures for tonight.

"I know." I answer, curling our fingers together. I could see how scared she was of the people watching. Yet, the moment our fingers curl, she breathes more normal.

We arrive at the building the gallery was in and I lead Foxy inside. We're greeted by the owner there, who shakes my hand and bows in front of my girlfriend. I smirk proud at her. 

That's my girl.

As we're good to go, I follow her around the gallery. Sometimes, as she would stop to admire a painting, I would stop and plant kisses on her neck and whisper love declarations in her ear. She only chuckles and continues staring at the art. We hear many clicking sounds from people taking photos behind us, and we know what their focus point is. Yet we don't care anymore. And I keep holding on to Foxy.

We're walking once more through the gallery, as Foxy stops and gasps. I know what that means. She's found it. The painting she loves.

"Which one?" I ask interested, not taking my eyes off her. She notices and replies amused:

"Well, if you would stop staring at me and actually look around, you'd see we're right in front of it."

I chuckle and look at the painting for one second. It's a picture of a winter landscape, that looks incredibly similar to the place we were on our trip to Vermont. I nod understanding, to show I like it too, and turn my eyes to her again.

"It's okay", I add. She laughs softly.

"Okay?! It is a masterpiece. Look at the beautiful way the artist captured the lighting and glow of the snow. It's more than okay", she continues convinced. One thing someone should know, is that when Foxy starts talking about art, she gets really passionate. No one can convince her otherwise.

"I agree", I reply in my defense. "Yet it lacks something."
"What?" she asks, turning to look at me. Her eyes meet mine. I feel butterflies.

"The element we could recreate." I answer after a while.

Foxy's eyes wide open. Then she smirks. She wraps her hands around my neck and pulls me closer.

"We don't need a painting for that, babe." she whispers in my ear before she crashes her lips on mine. I'm burning. I can't feel my breath anymore. She took it away. Yet I don't want it back. I just want her.

"I'm glad to hear that", I reply between kisses and she chuckles.

As we let go, I put my arm on her shoulder and our hands are together, our fingers curled. She stares at the painting again, with that spark in her eyes that shows off how much she wants it.

"You know what, Foxy? I'll get you this one." I tell her after a while. She looks at me surprised.

"You don't have to buy it for me, Alec. I can buy it myself", she protests. But I wasn't going to let her go that easily.

"I want to spoil you. So, I am buying you that painting."

She laughs softly and kisses me once more.

"You already are spoiling me. And I can really buy it myself."

Still not giving up.

"Foxy, you are not leaving this place without a present." She sighs both annoyed and amused and kisses me.