Chapter 38

ALEC

I know something is wrong. I can feel it. In every little cell of my body. Every nerve. Something is wrong.

I look at the clock again. It's been already thirty minutes since Foxy left to go to the toilet. Something is wrong. Who spends thirty minutes in a toilet?! I mean, yeah, she did spend three hours in a bathroom earlier at my place, but she was getting ready then. Now? Something happened.

Without saying a word to the guys, I leave and head towards the toilet. I find Darrel in front, with his eyes looking impatiently at the watch on his hand.

"Where is she?" I hiss through my teeth, trying to hide the worries inside.

"Inside." Darrel answers self-confident, yet his eyebrow twitches. He's not sure she's inside.

"For thirty minutes?! She's inside for thirty minutes?!" I shout now, to prove him right about his worries.

"It's one way in and out, Mister Dunn. She hasn't left." he says in his defense.

Yet he's wrong.

There's another way in.

"Give me your gun!" I order him. He doesn't seem to want to obey, since he makes no sign to reach for the weapon.

"I said give me your gun", I yell. "And Foxy would better be in there, for your own sake."

He flinches and hands me the gun. I only nod. I lift my foot, ready to kick the door open, but Darrel stops me, saying that she might have her clothes off.

I can't stop a smirk.

"Don't worry, I've seen Foxy naked before."

Darrel raises an eyebrow panicked. I try hard not to show my shock. He's been tagging along on our dates the whole time. What does he think we do in my bedroom with doors locked and lights off?! Tell each other bedtime stories?

Without adding any further comment, I kick the door and the wood falls apart, making us enough space to enter the room. An empty room. With Foxy gone.

"She's in there my ass!", I shout at Darrel, pinning him against the closest wall. He defends himself and pushes me off him. I still remain pissed.

"If she's harmed in any way, even if a strand of her hair is out of place, I will fucking hunt you down and kill you." I threaten him. How the fuck couldn't he notice Foxy is gone?! Isn't he a trained bodyguard?!

He doesn't protest and understands how bad he screwed up.

I make him a sign to follow me and remove the painting on the wall, hiding the entrance to a secret passageway.

"Just one way in and out you said." I threw it at him. I knew it was unfair, he couldn't have possibly known about this, but I was still pissed. Foxy was gone. And I wanted to go with her. I could have protected her. Yet she decided to go with him. Saying Darrel will defend her. Sure he did! She ended up missing and the dude didn't even notice.

I make my way along the secret passageway, noticing the lack of dust. Someone has been here before. 

As I arrive at the wooden door leading to the underground hideout, I can already hear voices. And not just any voice. Foxy's.

I slam the door open and rush inside.