Chapter 37

SOFIA

I open my eyes.

I am sitting on a chair somewhere in a room. There's a guy in front of me, with a mask on. One of those creepy white masks, that covers up the whole face. I want to scream. He slaps my face, until I get a nosebleed. I look down at me. My gown is messy. It's splattered with blood. I have bruises on my hands and legs. I try to move my hands, but they are tied up with a rope. So are my feet. I want to scream again. Another slap.

I remain quiet.

The room seems to be somewhere underground. It is someone's study. I can see some fancy furniture. A desk. A couch. A cabinet with liquors. There's another guy sitting at the desk. He's wearing a tux and has very dark brown hair. His eyes are familiar. They are like Alec's. Only colder. Much colder.

I realize who the man is.

His brother.

Although I'm scared, I'm able to scream: "Fuck you!"

He looks at me surprised and raises an eyebrow. "That's how you talk, Your Grace? What a dirty little mouth."

"It's Your Royal Highness, you idiot." I reply, and after the brother makes a sign with his hand, the masked guy places a fabric in my mouth to stop me from talking. I almost choke.

"No one can hear you anymore." he says, while coming closer to me and sitting on my lap. I do a sudden move and move the chair, to throw him on the ground.

"You spoiled brat! No one will come to save you." he adds, going back to sit at his desk.

And that's when the door open