3) Mother

My mother saw me looking at her and she ran to me with her arms to hug.

"Hunny, where have you been?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?"I say under my breath while not having the chance to accept the hug as she was already squishing me.

"Excuse me?" My mum said with a stern look on her face

"Nothing mum"

"Good! Now tell me where you've been!"She said absolutely unaware of the bag she had on her shoulder.

"Maybe a mother has been carrying my bag for the past couple of hours. Do you know who that mother might be?" I say with a truckload of sarcasm.

She looks at the bag she had on her shoulder. "Ah sorry."

"It's fine." I say rolling my eyes "Guess who I saw today!"

"I don't know" Mum never understood that you had to actually guess.

"Carlos!!" I say clapping my hands with joy. Mum was never a fan of Carlos. I think it was just that I would run to him for any of my problems. Especially the problems I had with her.

He knew everything about me. But one thing is I never knew everything about him.

"El I have to go do more journalism stuff okay? I'll see you later." She said while handing over the bag.

"Bye, Mum." With a small frown peeking out

"Bye hun," My mum says with a kiss on my forehead.

Whenever Mum had to get away she would always use the phrase "journalism stuff" and I still don't know why she uses it now. I'm an adult and I feel responsible for everything I do but she needs to accept that.

I remember once I had a performance at school. I used to play the cello, piano and guitar. It was an orchestra performance and it was just about to start when I got a message from her saying "I'm so sorry darling but I have some journalism stuff that I need to do so I can't see your performance but I've asked for some parents to film it for me so I can watch it. Okay, love you El."

When I got home clearly journalism stuff was drinking. I didn't have to enter the house to know. I ran to Carlos and he let me sleep over that night but I never forgave Mother for abandoning me.

I looked in my bag and found my pass. I put it around my neck. Then I realised I forgot my phone. I had to run and find it. I turned around swiftly then I bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry"

"It's fine don't worry" A thick Spanish accent answered.

"Are you Alonso? In like Fernando Alonso?"

"Yeah that's me"

"Oh my wow I'm... I can't believe I just.."

"It's fine trust me." He answered with a large smile that filled his face

"Could you tell me where the Ferrari garage is?"

"Why do you need to know?"

"I'm Stella Morris. I'm the daughter of Tania Morris and Charles has my phone. Well, I think he does."

"Ah, Tania Morris' daughter. What a wonderful life that would have been"

"Actually it wasn't that good"

"Really?"

"Yep," I said looking down at my shoes with all the memories flooding into my head. I didn't want them there. I wanted them to leave and never be part of my life.