4) Stay

"What do you want to do? I have a meeting in a few minutes but you can stay here if you want"

"I think I might wander around and start taking photos. I also need to call my friends and say I made it in."

"Ah about your friends.." Charles says placing his hand on his neck

"Charlie, what did you do?"

"I think one of your friends called .... Juliet.. yeah Juliet called and I picked up"

"Oh no!!!"

"I'm so sorry I didn't mean to.."

"No trust me it's fine it's just her I'm worried about. A man picking up my phone..... that hasn't happened in a while. Especially someone with an accent."

That's when I remembered my past relationship. We were enemies to lovers and then later back to enemies. But like violent enemies. He wasn't a good person. It would be nice to settle down with a family forever. With a nice person obviously. Nice as in Charles or Lando.

"Oh, why is that," Charles says which snaps me back into reality.

"I was struggling to find my reason to be in this world and my ex really didn't help. I have social anxiety and I'm also an overthinker." I say leaving out a few key details.

"Really? I wouldn't see you as the person to be like that"

"Well that's me"

"Well there is one reason for you to be here in this world"

"Really? Because I haven't even found it yet"

"For you to be my best friend"

"Aww thanks, Charlie," I say with a warm smile

He smiles back. We lock eyes until we hear-

"CHARLES YOUR MEETING STARTS IN A BIT!!" A voice says from behind the door

"I should head off" he says pushing himself up from the sofa.

"That's fine. Can I leave my stuff here?"

"Yeah. I have a spare key so here" he says handing me a key with a large Ferrari logo

"Thanks, Charlie," I say as he leaves

When the door swings open his body leaves until someone comes running in without the door closing.

"Hey Stella" Spanish fills the empty room.

"Hi, Carlos. What are you doing don't you have your meeting with Charles?"

"No, I have mine later. Do you want to have a walk around the circuit?"

"Obviously I do"

I gather my camera, phone, a bottle of water and my pass. We both left Charles's room together and started talking.

"So how has life been?" Carlos asks

"Well, it's so-so. Mum wants me to carry on the legacy of journalism as per usual."

"But you studied chemistry and biology. You wanted to go into medical school"

"Yeah well mamas never going to allow me to do that"

"Why don't you still do it?"

"Well because I did some other lessons"

"What did you study?"

"I'm not going to tell you," I said with a smile

"What!! Pleaseee" He said with puppy eyes