27) Panic

Stella POV

They are all around me. My friends who I love with all my heart.

"So dehydration, huh?" Lando says

"Yeah, I drank a lot of coffee which apparently dehydrates you more. Found something out"

"That's why you drink water and not just coffee" Logan says

"So when are you getting discharged?"Lance asks

"Tomorrow morning" Charles says for me. I had no clue. I was trying not to freak out with the needle right next to my arm when the doctor told me.

"So what's going to happen now?"

"Well I'm going to stay here overnight then I have no idea"

"Well me and Charles had a plan"

"What is it?"

"Well while I go to Spain you could go with Charles and stay with him for a bit."

"I don't want to bother him"

"You won't be bothering me Stel. I want to make sure you're okay."

"You sure?"

"Of course" he places a kiss on my head. My cheeks flush red. Oscar looks at me. We lock eyes. He knows. A little grin appears slowly. I give him a death stare. We need to have a talk.

Then the doctor walks in. "That's a lot of people"

"Yeah sorry, I have a lot of friends. Guys make a path"

"Maybe we should go," Zhou says

"Oh. Thank you all for coming though. I'll be up tomorrow and be ready for the next race"

"Okay, but I need a hug," Alex says shuffling his way to me

"Oh we all do"

Everyone forms a queue.
Alex hugs me.
Then Valtteri hugs me.
Then Nico hugs me and wishes me well
Then Kevin hugs me.
Then Pierre and Yuki both hug me at the same time.
Then Nyck.
Then Lando.
Then Fernando.
With Lance following.
Then Logan.
Then Zhou.
Then Esteban.
With Max following.
Then George and Lewis.
With Sergio following.
And last Oscar.

"I might go Estrella. I don't want the reporters to realise I'm not in Spain yet"

"Carlos that is understandable."

"Thank you" He walks up to me and hugs me and kisses me on the temple. My cheeks flush a little. Oscar looks at me again.

"Charles" He speaks up "Do you still have your hotel room?"

"Yeah I do"

"I checked out this morning so I was thinking I could stay with Stella tonight and you could get a proper night's sleep" Oscar looks at me. He wants to talk.

"It's fine I'll stay" Charles broke my thoughts.

"Charles, I know you want to stay but please for me. You deserve a good rest. I just need you here tomorrow to sign the form." Oscar and I both had the same idea

"If it's for you then fine. I'll stay at the hotel. Should I get your stuff tonight so we can leave tomorrow?"

"Yeah. My keycard is.."

"It's fine I'll get another one"

"Okay. The code to the safe is my birthday. Day and month"

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow." He hugs me from the side and lays his head on mine. "Call me if you need anything" he whispers in my ear.