28) Monaco

"Welcome to Monaco," Charles said with so much joy that he spilt my bottle of water.

This is it. Here we are. Monaco. The best track in F1 in my opinion. The fans poking their heads out of their homes. It's just spectacular. No one wants to miss it. I remember Michael Schumacher's car problem leading him to stop the car on track which ended with a hefty fine in 2006. When Kimi Raikkonen's engine ran into a problem halfway through the lap and as smoke poured from his engine he just walked off towards his boat in 2006. Daniel Ricciardo's pit stop with no wheels in 2016 and his comeback with the iconic pool celebration in 2018. Monaco just brings me joy. Watching it from the comfort of my own home was okay but standing here on the ground where multiple F1 heroes have raced. It's jaw-dropping.

"Stella? You okay? You're just standing there?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I had tears in my eyes with all the memories. I bet my father would've loved this. His collection of signed hats and merch all hung up in his office making him smile every day until he left this earth. My mother hated them all taking space. So when my dad died she took everything down. There was a sudden change in my mood because now there was nothing in that house that reminded me of him. She hid all his stuff in the basement but one night she had a little too much to drink I heard glass shattering left and right. I went in and saw my mum smashing all the frames. My heart broke with every smash. From that moment on I knew I had to get out of that house. I asked Carlos that night if I could store some things in his room until I moved out. When my mum fell asleep that was my time to get everything my dad owned out of shards of glass. Still to this day, I have everything. I knew he would love to see them all hanging up again. If only it didn't bring me to tears every time I see the McLaren hat from Raikkonen at the top.

The tears had travelled everywhere. Charles got everything we needed and approached me. "So my car is al-hey woah. Stel what's wrong? You know you can talk to me."

"I miss my dad. I miss how my life was with him. I wish he never left. I miss his bright smile. I miss him" The tears came stronger than ever. How could Monaco make me cry harder than at his grave?

"Awwww Stel." he drops everything and wraps his arms around me "I know exactly how you feel" he kisses my head as I cry into his shoulder wanting this pain to go. I felt a teardrop from above me. I look up to see Charles with tears in his eyes. "Aw, Charlie. Look at us" I say chuckling. "I know" he says frantically wiping the tears away "Why don't we talk about this in the car?" I nod my head and we start walking.

I thought going to the car would be easy but I was very wrong. I now understand why Charles said to pull my hood up and put on his sunglasses. Clearly, I was NOT prepared for this. How did so many people know that he was going to be here? The amount of fans that had shown up was crazy. Also, how did I only realise there and then that we had bodyguards behind us?

"Go in the car," he said sternly. "What" I couldn't hear a word he was saying. "Get in the car" I nodded and did what he said. He knows how this works.

I sat down and searched my phone until I heard knocking on my window. I looked up expecting it was Charles but no. It was this girl.
I opened the door "Hello are you okay?"

"I'm Abigail, I love your photos and I was wondering if I could take a photo with you." I never knew I had fans who wanted a picture with me. I of course agreed. A smile took over her face. I took the photo and asked her a question.

"Are you going to be here later this week?"

"Yeah I live here"

"Why don't I meet up with you? I'll give you an autograph and I'll persuade Charles to come. What do you think?"

"Really?"

"Of course. You're my first fan I've actually ever met"

"How will you find me?"

"Why don't you give me your number?"

"Really?"

"Yeah, of course" She gives me her number and I save it. It might seem a little strange, me a 23 year old getting a 14 year olds number but my first fan I've ever met. She's sweet as well. "I'll text you tomorrow" She nods and I get back into the car. Charles takes longer than I thought but at least he stops for his fans.

10 minutes after I entered the car, Charles entered.

"I'm sorry that took so long but now we can go. Do you want to eat anything?"

"I could eat."

"Then I'm cooking"
————————————————————————
875 words

I'm so sorry this took so long. My tests have been taking over my life. But they are done so hopefully I can update more.

Thank you all SO MUCH for 7.1K views ❤️

-AuthorN