12) Silverstone

Charles was ready and so was I. He had just gotten in his car. When it was a few minutes before Charles had to race I heard Mattia screaming my name.
"Stella," he said while waving his hand for me to come over.
I walked over to him while making sure I don't get in the way of the cars. When I walked over I stood by the barrier in front of Mattia. He told me to walk about and stand behind him for some of the race. I was delighted. Some more learning. I put on some headphones.

"Charles radio check" I hear one of the race engineers say.

"What a shame. Is Stella not around?" My face lights up when I hear my name in his mouth.

"Yes she is" The race engineer looks at me as he moves his head telling me to talk to him

I press the button and start talking. "Hey Charles"

"Perfection. Can hear you loud and clear"

"Good luck. You'll do great"

"I know I will"

"Are we doing this again?"

"Yes we are"

"My offer still stands. What about yours?"

"I get to drive you around..."

"That's fine"

"You didn't let me finish. Around the track fast. Like really fast"

"What?!"

"Deal?"

"Are you insane Leclerc?"

"I'll take that as a yes"

"Wait What? I didn't ag..."

"Got to drive bye Morris" As he said that one of the race engineers pushed my hand to stop me from pressing the button.

"What the hell.." All I see is Mattia laughing his head off.

"You want to do Carlos too?" He says still laughing

"Sure"

"cheque radio Carlos"

"Hi Stella what a pleasure. I can hear you loud and clear. What about me? Can you hear me?" Spanish fills the radio as he speaks

"Yes, I can hear you. Me and Charles are going a bet. If he wins he has to drive me fast around the track. If I win I get to drive his car. Who do you want to win?"

"I want Charles to win"

"Why?"

"It's going to be so funny. Do you know what we should do? We should test your knowledge about f1 while we take turns driving you. AND we should film it to put on the Ferrari youtube channel. Tell Charles this idea!!!"

"What? No, thank you. I will not be doing that."

"Tell Charles then ask Mattia where Maya is. She's the social media genius."

"Okay have a good race"

"Bye Stella" I lifted my hand.

"One final thing I need to do is talk to Charles"

"Quick then"Mattia says rushing me

I press the button "Charles I just talked to Carlos and he says that he agrees with you and that you both should test my knowledge about f1 while you take turns driving me and then should film it to put on the Ferrari youtube channel."

"I love that idea. Talk to Maya"

"I'm going to now. Have a nice race and DON'T win"

"Too bad"

I looked at Mattia.
"Do you know where Maya is?"

"She's probably watching the race in the garage. But stay here"

"Yeah I will don't worry"

I look at whos starting where.

1. Max Verstappen
2. Charles Leclerc
3. Carlos Sainz
4. Fernando Alonso
5. Lewis Hamilton
6. Esteban Ocon
7. Lando Norris
8. Pierre Gasly
9. Sergio Perez
10. Lance Stroll
11. Nico Hulkenberg
12. George Russell
13. Alex Albon
14. Oscar Piastri
15. Zhou Guanyu
16. Kevin Magnussen
17. Valtteri Bottas
18. Nyck de Vries
19. Yuki Tsunoda
20. Logan Sargeant

*15min later*

It's Lights Out And Away We Go!

In the first turn, Logan Sargeant hit Nick de Vries which leads to Yuki Tsunoda hitting the chaos that has erupted. Which brought out a red flag. Everyone returned to the pits.

Charles was very upset because he was mentally prepared but soon enough they were back on track.

------------------------
Lap 45/52

Mattia had been ready with a strategy. Currently, the grid was:
1. Max Verstappen
2. Charles Leclerc
3. Carlos Sainz
4. Lando Norris
5. Lewis Hamilton
6. Fernando Alonso
7. Sergio Perez
8. Esteban Ocon
9. George Russel
10. Pierre Gasly
11. Oscar Piastri
12. Alex Albon
13. Lance Stroll
14. Zhou Guanyu
15. Valtteri Bottas
16. Kevin Magnussen
17. Nico Hulkenberg
NC.Yuki Tsunoda
NC.Nyck de Vries
NC.Logan Sargeant

and Max's tires weren't holding on for much longer. Mattia made that known to all of us multiple times. He thinks we might have a chance. I like Mattia's spirit but some might disagree.

"Okay, we'll send in Carlos then Charles after a lap. Agreed?" Mattia says to the people alongside him. They all nod their heads and prepare.

"Carlos box next lap," one of the race engineers say

"Copy," Carlos says

Suddenly the cogs start turning. Ideas zooming past. I come to the conclusion that it isn't a good idea. If that happens then Lando might be able to get the podium and not us. My mouth starts moving without my mind knowing.

"I disagree" Mattia turns his head slowly.

"Keep him on for another lap," Mattia says interested. The race engineer nods and tells Carlos.

"Well if you think about it.." Well, dig the whole deeper Stella you're doing a great job. You just disagreed with someone who knows more than you do. "Carlos already has a gap to Charles of about 6sec and that is perfectly the amount of time needed for the pit stop. Charles pits first makes it still in 2nd then the following lap Carlos pits but already Charles has increased that gap by catching up to Max meaning Lando has to travel meaning it's a possibility that Carlos might still get 3rd. Then Max would pit but because Charles is right behind he will go first and Carlos with new tires would have to close the gap. Now we know that Carlos is good at defending and Charles is good at distance so it's a perfect match in this scenario" At this point I realised I had been ranting on and on and on. I look at Mattia's face.

"Let's try it"

"Wait really"

"If you think you know more than me then let's try it" he wasn't happy at all. "Do what she says"

Both race engineers look at me. My heart beats faster. If I screw this up I'm done.

"Okay so send in Charles next lap. Then the following lap get Carlos to pit. 50:50 chance so let's take it" I say as the adrenaline fuels me. I might fuck up but I might get us podiums. It's worth the risk.

————————————————————————
1111 Words

I'm back with a double update!!!

Life has been difficult but I'm am here. Hello Hi!!!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!! The second one will be released shortly.

Don't forget to Vote and Comment❤️

-Author N