26) Awake

Charles POV

I need to find this nurse Julia quickly. I need to know if she has any more fresh cuts. I need to make sure she's okay. Carlos doesn't know. He can't know.

I see a nurse who's alone and thought it would be a good idea to ask.

"Hello, sorry to bother you. I'm trying to find nurse Julia. Do you know where she might be?"

"No I'm not sure but you can ask the front desk"

"Thank you, nurse..."

"Esme" I nod in reply

I walk forward and look at the signs. I'm extremely lost. I've walked down 3 corridors and I still can't find my way. I walk further down to ask another nurse.

"Hi, could you tell me where the front desk is?"

"Just turn right then walk until room 254. Then turn left and keep on walking and you should be there."

"Thank you, nurse..."

"Nurse Julia"

"Wait nurse Julia as in room 165 with Stella Morris?"

"Yes"

"Thank god. I was wondering if you saw anything on her. Like any fresh cuts or anything?"

"I think I saw one in the inside of her arm. Why is she okay? Do I need to contact anyone?"

"No, it's fine. She does... rock climbing and I was just worried about her?" Wow. How original Charles.

"Okay great"

"Thank you so much, Julia"

"No problem"

I finally walk back to the room this time it's just following numbers. I enter the room to see Carlos lying down on the sofa sleeping. I place the spare blanket over him.

I move the dark blue chair closer to Stella. I'll stay here until she's awake. She needs to be fine. Perfectly fine.  I place my hand on hers. A warm heat flows through my fingers.

I pull out my phone to update the group.

F1 Bosses

Lord Percival
Update:
She's doing better and Carlos is sleeping. I'm staying up to make sure she's alright.

Little Man
Great. Give us any other updates

Father 1
Thank you Charles

Piasta
We made a deal that we would
stay until she's awake.
When she's ready we'll come over.

Lord Percival
Will do

As I think about the race my eyes start to close. The room gets darker and darker.

A few seconds turn into minutes turn into hours. I suddenly felt a little twitch in my hand. An energy flows through me.

"Stel? Are you awake? Can you hear me?" A light movement gives me my response. I start brushing my thumb over her hand. She's awake. Thank goodness.

"Carlos," I say quietly. "Carlos!" I try again but stronger. He's asleep. I'll let him rest.

I moved closer to her face. "Stella? It's me...." "Charlie" I get interrupted by a light whisper that escapes her lips. I brush all her hair away so I can get a better look. My eyes lock on her lips. Then her eyes. Then her lips again.

"Where's Carlos?" My thoughts get cut off. "He's sleeping on the couch. Why don't you rest for a little longer?"

"I'm fine. What happened in the race? What did I miss?"

"Stella sleep. Don't listen to me talking."

"But it helps me rest" Something flutters in my heart. A sweet weak smile illuminates her face.

"If you really want me to." She nods "So..."

————————————————————————
Stella POV

Did I care about what happened during the race? Yes. Did I care that Charles was next to me rather than Carlos? No. Why you ask? Well because he's the sweetest angel I've ever met. His smile, his dimples and his eyes that I get lost in. I lock on to his eyes, then lips then eyes again. At this point, I'm not paying attention.

"We finished P7 and 8. Not our best race but that's because you weren't watching. My lucky charm" His dimples started to show. With every smile he gives me I gain a little more energy.

"The drivers are really worried about you. Especially Oscar. They want to visit when you're better."

"Well get them over here. I'll feel better when they're near me" Her eyes start to close

"I'll let you take a nap then get them over" I smile and pull the cover over her a bit more.

It's really boring being here but we care about her and she's more important than boredom.

I turn on the TV that's in the corner but turn down the volume. I play the news and see that the race and paddock is showing. At this point, Carlos is standing right behind me.

"Hey, how's she feeling?"

"She's up but I told her to take a nap"

"Great. Thanks for staying by the way"

"Of course," I say with a large smile covering my face. "Look at what's going on" I point to the TV.

"It's playing highlights of the race"

After we watched, complained and criticised we told the group to come.

Oscar was the first to arrive. Apparently, he was already in his car waiting since I sent the first message. The rest of the paddock were waiting for Oscar downstairs thinking they'd lost him.

The doctor and nurse Julia came in before they all arrived and did a few checkups. She's better and can leave tomorrow morning.

The room was so crowded you couldn't move. So the people closest to her were lucky. That would include me, Carlos, Oscar, Lando and Albon.

"How are you feeling Stella?" Oscar said cautiously.

"I'm feeling better you're all here"

————————————————————————
919 words

HELLO ALL!!

I've been MIA for a while and I'm sorry but music has taken over my life for a bit.

The next update will be on Christmas Day as your little present. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't forget to vote and comment!!

-AuthorN