20)A jet

I woke to the sound of my phone buzzing. Charles had sent me all the details.

He was picking me up in 4 hours. I still had to pack and eat. I put on some music and I did exactly that.

While I was packing I found Charles's jumper that I gave him to wear at the gathering. A red letter was on top. I open it.

To Stella,
Next time I see you, which is hopefully the date but don't wear this on the date because... well you know so probably the Hungarian GP, I want to see you wearing this. It was starting to smell a bit more like you, which isn't a bad thing, so I hope now it smells more like me. I know that's why you like it.
Xx
Charles
P.S. If you are coming to the Hungarian GP check under your bed

I smile at the letter. He knows me a lot more than I thought. I run over to my bed and check under it. I saw a red hat flipped over so I could only see the inside of the hat. I pull it out and see another note. All it says is "Wear this too". I put it on to see how I look and it looks perfect.

I put on some baggy high-waisted jeans with a T-shirt and his jumper on top. I take a sniff and he was right, it does smell more like him. My nose tingles with joy.

I grab some extra books and shove them in my suitcase and my camera in my bag. I had a few more extra minutes so I painted my nails for fun and read a bit more until Charles was at my door.

"So you did find it"

"Yes, I did. Also when you said it smelt more like me did you mean that you liked the smell of me?" He looked at me, deep into my eyes.

"Come on we have to leave" he says slightly panicked

"But you didn't answer my question"

"We are going to be late" he grabs my suitcase and turns to face the door. I put the bag over my shoulder and ran to get in front of him.

"Answer my question, Leclerc"

"No. Maybe. Possibly" I smiled

"Good to know" A moment of silence filled the air around us "Come on we are going to be late"
Charles rolls his eyes.

✈️Airport✈️

During the whole journey, we talked and sang a few songs on the way. When we arrived at the airport I was expecting to go through everything like a normal person. That changed. I'm going on a plane with an F1 driver. Little did I know a plane was an understatement.

"A jet?"

"Yes. My jet"

"You have a jet?"

"Yes now can we go"

"Yeah sorry" I walk in still amazed by what was before me. A jet. A private jet.

Charles rushed over to get my suitcase and placed it on the aircraft. He waited yet I was still astonished. He walked down the steps grabbed my hand and led me up.

"A jet.."

"Are you going to get over it?"

"NO. I'm flying in an F1 driver's private jet! How am I meant to get over it"

He dragged me inside the aircraft and sat me down.

"Stay seated"

"What do you think I'm going to do jump?"

"You never know"

"What do you think of me?" Charles's phone starts ringing

"It's Arthur" he replies and walks off.
I take my books out from my bag and lay them out. 3 books. Easy right?

Wrong! I hate flying. I love travelling but not by plane. Planes freak me out. It's just a metal tube flying in the air... A METAL TUBE.

If Charles and Carlos want me to see them race more often I'm going to have to get used to this. I put the seat belt on tight around my waist.

Charles comes back mid-conversation. His voice grew louder and louder as the butterflies grew larger and larger in me. My heart pounding with every step he took until he put his hand on his shoulder. Everything stops.

I slowly look up into his eyes. "Arthur just said he's arrived. He should be here soon."

15min later

"Arthur my boy. You're here finally."

"I know I know. Carla forgot her bag midway so we had to go back"

"Yep completely my fault"

"It's fine"

"So.... Is she here?"

"Yes she is she's sitting down"

"Stella!!" Carla screeched

"Hi" I tried to stand up but I had forgotten to unlock my seatbelt. "Sorry," I undid it and stood up and hugged both Arthur and Carla.

"You were already strapped in I see" Arthur remarks

"Yeah.... I didn't know you were coming"

"Charlie boy, you didn't say"

"I guess I forgot. Anyway, both of you get settled and I guess we will be on our way shortly"

I re-strapped myself in. Plane +Me =not a good idea. I got my book open again as all 3 of them were doing their own thing.

"Stella take off is about to be soon so just put your seatbelt on okay?"

"Already done"

"Great"

Carla and Arthur sat next to us on the other row and Charles sat next to me. "Are you ready?" He said as he put his seatbelt on.
"Mhm" is all I could reply with.

I felt the engine start. My heart started. My heart travelled everywhere. My feet, legs arms and head. Pounding louder and louder, stronger and stronger. The jet started moving. My leg started jumping. Up and down and up and down. My arms took over the armrest along with my hands gripping on them for dear life. I move them towards me.

Just as the plane was about to tilt Charles looked at me. He sees my hands slowly fidgeting with anything I could touch. My leg moving faster and faster. His face gave a worried look. I looked outside.

That's when I felt it. His hand touched mine. Rubbing his thumb over mine. He slowly moved our hands towards my leg where he made my hand rap about my leg and put his hand over mine. My leg slowed down. My heart quieter.

I smiled and as the plane rose, I felt calmer.

——————————————————————
1066 words

I know it has been a while. I've missed you all and I hope I can get back to posting regularly. I just took a little break but I'm ready with more ideas and I can't wait.

I know I said Tuesday I would post this it's a little late......

-Author N