29) Cooking

We arrived at Charles's house. It was absolutely stunning. It looks old and vintage outside with the rusty worn-out black gates. There was a cobbled ramp leading up to the house with a path to the side. This house is magical.

"Here we are. A place you can call home" I couldn't reply. I was in awe. The views out of the car window were spectacular. This is something I've never seen before.

Charles parked the car as I unbuckled my seatbelt. I suddenly felt Charles look back at me.

"What?" His eyes were sternly focused on me "What is it?"

"Put that seatbelt on again"

"Okay...." I said with unease. With that he got out of the car and walked over to my side. He opened the door and leaned over me to unbuckle my seatbelt. His breath tingled over my lips. His lips in front of mine. What am I doing? His eyes look at me. Then down. Then up again.

I had to stop this. "Thank you" He snaps back into reality but a pain formed.

"Of course chérie" AGAIN!!! That nickname will be the death of me.

He placed his hand out and I placed mine onto his to get out of the car. The views are STUNNING. I've probably said that multiple times but it's true.

"Are you ready to go inside?" I nodded in reply knowing I didn't. "Here we are. My house" The inside was nothing like the outside. Instead of vintage it's modern. But still beautiful. I could never afford a house like this.

"Follow me" I walked behind him admiring every square inch of this house. We walked up some steps to the second floor where I'm guessing all the rooms are. We took a right.

"This is my room right here but over here.." He said walking a few steps down "Is your room for the time being" I walked in. The thing that caught my eye immediately was the window. The marina.

I never knew paradise could look like this. All the boats gently rocked up and down through the waves. The water clear and shining like little diamonds.

"See that boat right there? That's mine"

"You have a boat?!?"

"Yeah, I'm on that one the most but then I have another boat that used to belong to my father. It's in my garage."

"Wow"

"Would you like to see it after we eat?"

"Of course" he started walking down towards the kitchen.

"What would you like me to make you?"

"What do you have?"

"Pasta.." I squealed with excitement. "Pasta it is then" I sat on the island with my legs over the edge. I love pasta. My last meal would be pasta. That includes a starter and dessert.

"Where's your music room?"

"It's over there" he said pointing at the room by the fireplace.

"Can I take a look?"

"Of course you can" I walked over to the room and was greeted with a shiny jet-black piano. I sat down at the piano. I placed my hands on the keys. I started playing the piano accompaniment to my cello piece.

Music makes me forget all my thoughts. It makes me forget about everything around me.

When I finished I turned to leave but saw Charles standing by the door. My face heated up. I stood up.

"You play so well" He said looking into my eyes

"No I don't" I smiled back and squeezed past him. Then I felt a grip around my wrist then a force that spun me back to the piano.

"Sit down. Play your cello bit on the bass and I'll come up with a melody" I started playing

We both fell into this rhythm. It's like he knew what I was going to play and I knew what he was going to play. We were in our perfect place.

That's when I remembered. "Charles the pasta"

"Fuck" he leapt out of the stool and I followed.

The pan was overflowing with water. At this point the pasta was wrecked. I grabbed the tea towel hanging on the oven and moved the pan over to the sink. Clearly, the temperature of the pan didn't register in my head because it hurt. Hurt like hell. I had put the strainer already in the sink so all I had to do was tilt the pan. "Shit. Ow fuck" I was hoping for the air to help my hand. "Ow ow ow" Charles moved me over to the downstairs bathroom and ran my hands under the cold water tap. All I could say is ow.

"Now the pasta is ruined" I said

"What matters now is making sure your hands are okay" My cheeks flushed.

"I'll make food. It was my fault"

"No you don't Stel"

"Yes I... ow ow ow ow"

"Sorry"

"It's okay. I'll make it. I haven't cooked for you yet."

"We'll make it together this time"

————————————————————————
826 Words

Hello all!!!!

I'm so sorry I've been MIA for a while but I'm back. I've have lots of ideas. My goal is to try and get close to the end by this year but we'll find out.

I'm so excited for the new season. I'm waiting for the new season of DTS. It's going to be filled with so much- can't wait.

Thank you all so much for 8k+ reads. It makes me so happy to see you enjoying it. Love you all ❤️

-AuthorN