33

Breathing was getting more and more difficult.

Despite the heat, I pull my shirt up over my face to make a mask of sorts.

"Let me out!" Billy screams to the kids.

I keep myself as calm as possible. But, it's hard to do that when you're trapped in an actual oven with the love of your life that is also possessed by a shadowy-demon thing.

"Rocky, are you still with us?" Will asks between all of Billy's yelling.

Black spots being surrounding my eyes. I lay down on my side, trying to get some sort of coolness from the tile floor.

"Rocky?" Max panics.

I try to raise my hand, but it plops back onto the floor weakly.

"Roc.." Billy gasps before turning around. "Roc.. Roc?"

My eyes roll around in my head as I try to look up at Billy.

"No.. No, no, no, no, no!" he panics, dropping to his knees beside me.

He pulls me halfway into his lap. "Roc, baby, stay awake. Stay awake."

I try to hold on to his arm. "B.. come back.."

Little droplets of water fall onto my skin. I thought it was from the steam or even sweat until Billy starts sobbing.

"Max.. Max, open the door, please!" Billy shouts through his tears.

My head lolls back. It was too hard to keep myself up.

"Roc, baby, stay awake!" Billy begs. "God, fucking- this wasn't the deal!"

Deal?

"Billy?" Max asks, sounding closer to the door.

"Max, please open the door! It's not my fault!"

"What's not your fault, Billy?" Max questions.

"I've done things, Max.. Really bad things.. But, I- I didn't mean to."

I couldn't see anything anymore. Everything was black. The voices sounded distant.

"He made me do it. I probably deserve to be in here.. But, not Roc.."

"Who made you do it?"

"I don't know," Billy pulls me closer to his chest. "It's.. It's like a shadow. Like a really big shadow.."

"What deal?" Max asks.

Billy chokes out a cry and hugs me even tighter. "Please, Max.."

I feel Billy's hand ease to my pocket.

My knife.

No.

My mouth opens as I try to scream for Max to get away, but no sound comes out.

"Billy, we'll figure it out together, okay? But, you have to trust me," Max pleads.

"M.. M.." I try as tears begin to drip from my eyes.

"Max, get away from the door," Mike says.

Billy leans forward, sliding the knife out of my pocket.

"M.." I gasp out. "Ma.."

"Get away from the door!" Mike screams.

Billy stands and charges to the window. He stabs the glass and it shatters. I lay limp on the ground.

"Let me out, you bitch! I'll fucking cut you!" Billy threatens, arm hanging out the window as he waved the knife.

Suddenly, Billy's body falls to the ground beside me.