68

'Dear Max,

Can you believe there are only a few months left until you're officially a high school graduate?

It's been a long time since we wrote to you. We know we're supposed to 'keep it on the low' as Hopper said. But, we miss you a lot.

Not much has changed since you visited us during summer break last year.

Billy sold the Camaro. It's weird not having it anymore if we're honest. It was like saying goodbye to a loved one. 

Rocky is still working on getting her degree. She lives in the library most of the time, but she's doing great.

Colorado is still great. It's quiet here. We've really made this into a home.

We're getting closer to finishing the house payments. You know what that means, right? We're gonna own our house and we'll be able to start moving you in!

Are you excited to move in with us? We're really looking forward to having you here. We think you'll love it here as a permanent home. It's much better than just visiting for a week or so.

Is Lucas still staying at the UNC dorm? It's so cool that you got into the same university. We're so excited to have both of you here until you become what you've always meant to be. We're really happy that you are going to have each other on this journey.

Billy hasn't felt anything from *there* in a long time.

Knocking on wood while writing this, we're hoping it stays that way.

Has Eleven mentioned anything? Will?

Regardless, we hope things stay this way.

We still worry about you staying in Hawkins until graduation.

We know that your arm is healed and your sight has never been better.. it's just hard to move on all the way.

We're hoping the next few months are going to fly by. You and Lucas are going to love Colorado.

With love,

Rocky and Billy

p.s. The sweaters aren't ugly (how could we dress lesser than?) but we tried to make a Christmas card just for you. Hope it makes you laugh!'

--

'Dear Rocky + Billy,

I already have most of my stuff packed and ready to move in!

Mom is still wary about me going to college out of state, but she feels better knowing that Lucas will be there. I wish I could tell her that I'm going to live with the two of you.

Neil called not long ago. I was worried that he found out about you guys or something. He was drunk and wanted mom back. I was really proud of her when she told him off and hung up.

I think everyone is healing. And that makes me happy. 

Yes, my arm and sight are both fully intact and working. But, mentally, I feel a lot better, too.

Will hasn't felt anything from the other place either. Ever since he got his new boyfriend, he seems like a totally different person. A better one, though. A happier one. Lucas and I go on double dates with them when we have time.

Dustin already left out for college since he got that scholarship/intern thing. He and Suzie are going to a big-shot college on the east coast. He sends letters every so often, but his studies are a lot so he's busy all of the time.

I worry about Mike and El. 

About a year ago, when Lucas and I got our acceptance letters, El pulled back. She wasn't quite.. El. If that makes sense. Mike distanced after that. I don't see Mike often unless we pass by each other in the halls.

Lucas says that it is just us growing up. But, it feels weird, still. I don't think it has to do with the Upside Down, though. Will would be able to tell if it was, right?

I wonder if it is just El trying to make space so she's not hurt when we leave. Maybe she's already angry at us for moving to Colorado and such. I know Mike didn't take Dustin's moving very easy.

Honestly, this sucks more. I would've preferred them to get into a fight with us and make me mad enough that I didn't care. But, I just worry that I hurt them somehow.

All of that aside, I'm ready to move forward. I feel like I've been stuck at 13 for the past few years. Like time was frozen the day I moved to Hawkins.

I'll ship out my first box of stuff in about a week so I'm not overwhelmed trying to move. It will probably be under Steve's name so it costs less.

I can't wait to see you guys!

Love, 

Max (Little Red)

p.s. Most people don't flip off the camera in their Christmas cards. It is the 90s now, have some class, would you?'

 It is the 90s now, have some class, would you?'