41

"Billy!" I scream as he lays Eleven down on the floor.

The ground rumbles. The monster was close.

Billy stands up straight and looks in my direction. He shakes his head a single time- a warning to get out.

I sprint across the mall.

"Racquel!" Billy warns.

I slide on the ground, falling to my knees.

"Rocky.." El whimpers, barely awake.

I jump over her body, sitting straddle over her. My arms go over her head as I use my body to shield her in full.

"Rocky?" she whispers.

"It's okay," I promise. "It's okay."

A tentacle shots in my direction but pauses.

"You can't kill me!" I scream at it.

"Move or I will make you," Billy threatens.

Eleven begins to cry. I keep myself strong.

"You'll have to go through me to get to her."

"Well.. if you insist," Billy mutters.

The tentacle gets closer. El screams from under me, then a loud bang emits- colors sparkling all over the place.

"Flay this you ugly piece of shit!" Lucas screams, throwing another firework.

Billy shouts in pain, falling to his knees. He was feeling the monster's pain.

I fight all the urges to rush to his side. El. Protect Eleven.

"Roc!" Billy cries out.

My heart aches and I shake my head.

More fireworks burst into the monster. The others must all be here. Nancy, Jonathan, Steve, Mike, Max, Lucas, Will.. 

Billy grabs my shoulder. I yelp in alarm, hunkering closer to El.

"You bitch! Whore!" Billy screams, kicking my side.

Though it hurt, the boots making it hurt more than ever, I hold on to El. Fireworks blaze the air.

Billy wraps his arm around my throat like earlier. I shout and El sobs as Billy jerks me to my feet.

"El, run!" I scream.

I kick backward against Billy's knee, both of us tumbling to the ground.

Billy rolls over, crawling after El.

"No!" I jump forward, wrapping my arms around his leg. He tries to kick me off, but I keep a tight grip. Eleven scurries away on her hands and knees to a door.

Billy slams his boot against my head. I loll backward but hold onto his pant leg.

"I don't get it," he huffs, straddling one of my legs and kneeling.

"Get what.. you shadow bitch."

"Why he insists on keeping a bitch like you around."

His hands grip my throat.

I find Billy's eyes.

I had to get to Billy.

He picks me up for a split second then slams my head against the floor. My body goes limp and my vision goes blurry.

Weakly, I try to reach him when he stands, but my arm doesn't move. He grabs Eleven by the ankle and drags her back the other way.

"Rocky!" Eleven cries, reaching for me.