59

"Where the fuck is your music!?"

"This is music!" Eddie screams, holding up a tape.

"Blondie! Where is Blondie?" I demand.

"Who the fuck is Blondie?" he cries out.

"Eddie!" I slap his chest.

"Is Nancy's favorite singer Blondie?" Max clarifies, shuffling through her bag.

"Dreaming!" I gasp, shoving Eddie aside to hurry to Max's side. "Her favorite song is 'Dreaming' by Blondie."

"I don't have that album!"

I go to throw the cassette across the room until Billy cuts out running from Eddie's room and into the living room. I follow after him with Lucas and Max in tow.

"What are you doing?" I ask Billy as he grabs the rope.

"If that asshole has her, it's coming here. I'll hold him off at the gate so he can't get through," Billy answers.

"Billy, that puta is a demonic piece of shit that could crumble a basketball team with a flick of his hand!" I argue. "Get your gringo ass down from there!"

"Shit!" Steve curses.

I look up to see a lone bat had made it into the trailer. Steve tries to kick it across the room before it gets to Nancy.

"Then seal the goddamn gate!" Billy tries, hopping down from the rope. "But, someone has to get Harrington and Wheeler's asses over here before Vec-bitch comes in."

"Vecna does the shit by mind. If he's in her head, there's nothing we can do but find her favorite song."

"Now isn't the time for a musical!"

I throw my head back. "The song snaps you out of the trance! I told you this already!"

"Guys!" Dustin shouts.

"So, we just let her die? Isn't that your best friend?"

"That's what I'm trying to fix! But, Eddie's metal-head ass doesn't have the right shit."

"What if it's like me with my chest?" Billy wonders. "If we just get her over here, maybe-"

"He got a hold of me and Max out here. It won't change anything."

"That's bullshit. Why can't we just flick our hands and-" Billy makes the motion.

Steve yells out in surprise as the bat bangs against the wall.

"And just make the son of a bitch fly off-" Billy twists his hand.

"Uh.. Hello?" Dustin questions.

The bat squeals as it spins in the air before slamming against the floor by Steve's feet.

"B.." I mutter.

"We have to find fucking songs to snap out of-"

"Billy!" I shout.

"What?" Billy exasperates, throwing his hands up and then letting them fall to his side.

The bat screeches, suddenly ripping in half.

Nancy gasps, suddenly coming to. She falls to the ground, but Steve is able to catch her before she hits full force.

"So.." Dustin speaks up again. "We gonna talk about that?"

Lucas steps closer, peering into the gate. "Which part?"

I look back to Billy's eyes. He looked more tired than usual.

"B?" I question.

He breathes something before his knees buckle. I shout his name and mimic Steve's actions to Nancy, barely managing to catch Billy's head.