042 // last chapter

"Cate, Cate" The girl heard a familiar voice say. She felt cold hands shake her awake and as she finally woke up, she had the strength to sit up in the bed.

She looked at the boy besides her confused, where was Pedri? Why was she back in Manchester?

"Could you just shut up? I'm trying to sleep" The boy with the name Ale asked her. He was sat infront of the very confused girl.

"What did you dream? You were yelling Pedri the whole time" Ale asked Cate as he placed his hand on her left tight. "You were crying too" He moved up his hand to her cheek and cupped her face.

"What day is it?" Was the only thing Cate could thing of to ask. She chose ignored the fact that she was sleeping in one bed with her ex for now.

"December 18th" Ale told her and she jumped off the bed. She was standing infront of the bed and looked down at was she was wearing. The usual thing she used to sleep in. A Manchester United jersey. With Garnacho and a big 49 on the back.

"I need to watch JJ play" The girl told the footballer who had never been so confused in his life. He shook his head before he asked the question the girl had feared to hear.

"Who the hell is JJ, Cate?"

The girl shook her head as she tried to sound normal and hide her confusion. "Uhm, my brother? Julian Alvarez" She stuttered a few times but luckily Alejandro understood her.

"Your last name is Descrenza. And you're from Italy, not Argentina." He put his hands up to her waist, in fear she could pass out any second. He might be there to catch her before she gets hurt.

"Why would you wanna watch him play?" The Argetine asked the girl and his warm eyes met with hers.

"The world cup final" She told him and he shook his head slightly. The girl run her fingers into the boys hair.

"We just watched it" As soon as she heard those words, she felt her stomach drop. She still had the strength to stand on her legs.

"What do you mean we just watched it?" She stuttered again, she had never had any problems with stuttering but now it seemed even difficult to breathe.

"It ended like an hour ago" The footballer looked at the clock over the door of their bedroom. Catalina began to shake her head.

"I need to congratulate him" Catalina reached after her phone just to see that it was infact still 2022.

"Who? Mbappe?" Alejandro asked and the phone slipped out of her hand and it made a loud bang as it fell on the floor.

"No, Messi, Dybala and JJ and-" The girl couldn't finish her sentence.

"Who is JJ, I still don't understand, nobody calls him that" The boy got put of bed and let go of her waist, he stood right infront of her. He tried to make eye contact but Catalina seemed to be completely lost.

"Julian Alvarez, player of City?" She tried to explain it to him. It took the boy a few seconds to understand as his jaw dropped and he nodded. A huge smile was seen on the girl's face as she saw that he understood.

"Yes, yes see? He won the world cup 2022 with Argentina and-" The girl once again couldn't finish her sentence.

"Cate," The boy looked into her eyes. "We lost, we lost on penalties" He paused for a few seconds. "France won" That sentence made Catalina want to throw up. She took a step back from the footballer and then fell to the floor. The footballer immediately kneeled down infront of her.

"But we won, Messi won, how is that possible" The girl asked as she looked down at the floor. Was she going insane?

"Cate, come on." The Argentine lifted her up and put her back to bed. "You have a really high fever remember?" The realisation hit the girl so suddenly, she felt like a cold breeze just completely overcame her. "It was probably just a fever dream." The boy kissed her on the lips but she was way to confused and shocked of what just happened.

"Go back to sleep, you need to rest"