2.

A few weeks passed since Henry told me about Mosvil, and I have been dreaming about it since then. In my dreams, I would see a beautiful house, beautiful kids, and Henry with me. He would go to work in the morning while I cooked and cleaned for him. I would take care of the children while he is away. Then we would all have dinner once he comes back. We all looked so happy in that dream, I didn't want to wake up, but every morning, Miss Margaret's loud voice would wake us up, and I would come out of my dream.

I haven't seen Henry much after that day, I think he is working on something. He does told me that we would run away soon. I am waiting for that moment when we will be free and away from this village of heartless people.

"Stop daydreaming, you scum!" I was thrown on the ground from the back. My knees took the impact and burned. I am sure it's bleeding, too.

"Stand up," Miss Margaret growled at me. I stood up with a hiss.

"Why are the dishes not done yet?" She yelled at me. I took a step back with wide eyes filled with fear.

"I... I.. " Tears sprung in my eyes at what she would do with me now that I am caught dawdling. She didn't let me finish, and I was slapped across the face. My gaze turned towards the right, and I barely stopped myself from toppling over.

"I am seeing you day dreaming alot these days. You are asking for a punishment." her eyes glint with excitement. I shuddered, I still have marks from my last punishment, which are not healed yet, and now I am going to get punished again.

"I a..apologize.. please.." I pleaded, but she smirked and pulled out her whip from her pocket.

"You asked for it!" She exclaimed, and then I felt the first hit on my back. I fell down on the ground, covering my face as she hit me again and again with the whip. It only lasts for about 5 minutes, but this time, she isn't stopping as if she is possessed by something. My sobbing stopped as my whole body turned numb. At one point, I stopped feeling anything, I lay there on the floor like a statue as she whipped me.

~~~~

When I opened my eyes, I was on my mattress. I let out a hiss of pain as I tried to move. My whole body felt like it's on fire. I started crying as I looked around. There was no one around me.

"Faith!" Henry came running towards me when he saw me. He wiped my tears as he let out some tears of his own at seeing me like that.

"Let's go, we are running away!" He said, and my eyes widened.

"I can't.. move!" I murmured lightly. He scowled.

"I have already stolen a horse. If I got caught, they would kill me.. please try to move.. I will help you!" He pleaded me and looked scared of what would happen if he didn't escape.

I tried to sit up with his help but whimpered in pain. My whole body protested in pain.

"I am sorry.. I can't..." I cried out in pain. He looked defeated as he held my hands.

"Henry, go before they catch you.. just go!" I told him with a heavy heart. I will only slow him down because of my injuries.

"Absolutely not... I am not moving without you!" He hissed at me in anger.

"Please... they will kill you if they catch you!" I whimpered as I cupped his cheek.

"I can't leave you here!" Tears streamed down his cheeks.

"I will come find you...!" I promised him. He looked skeptical, but when I begged him, he nodded his head.

"I will wait for you!" He said, and I nodded my head. With a kiss on my forhead, he stood up. He made his way towards the door but stopped and turned around to see me one last time before we met again. I give him a reassuring smile.

"Promise me you will not forget me!" I asked him suddenly when an unknown fear awakened in me.

"I promise, I won't!" He smiled, and then he was gone. I don't know when I will see him again or whether I will see him again.

~~~~

It's been a year since Henry is gone, I have tried a lot of times to escape, but every time, I was caught and beaten to death by Miss Margaret. I am shocked that I am still alive after getting that much beating.

The thought of Henry waiting for me gnaws at me every time. It keeps me motivated to escape and meet him. He would be waiting for me, I can't give up on him. But one thing is sure I can't run away alone, I would need someone's help, but who will help me?

I walked out of the kitchen as I heard commotion outside. I saw all the village people going towards the center of the village.

"What's happening?" I asked Lillian, who came towards me running.

"They caught a beast, Faith, he is so big and scary..." she told me with wide eyes.

"They sent me to bring ropes. Please help me find them," she said, and I walked with her inside the kitchen in daze.

As we find the ropes, we walk towards the center where everyone one was gathered to see the beast. I, too, was curious to see him. As we neared them, I let out a gasp when my gaze fell on a large man who was held by about 10 men, yet he was thrashing in their hands.

He had long hairs that were falling on his face. He was wearing a brown shirt that had patches of blood on it.

"Ropes!" Someone yelled at me when they saw me frozen and looking at the beast. I have the ropes to the man nearby and stand to the side.

They started binding his hands and legs, and then they bound him to the pole in the center. He kept thrashing and fighting with them. His forhead was bleeding. He was growling at everyone. Some guys were chuckling at him whereas women's and children's were cowering away from him.

There was something about him that made everyone fear him. The leader was standing with his son as they were laughing at his condition. The beast, on the other hand, was glaring at them as if he would kill them.

Lillian held my arm tightly as she was shivering in fear. I, too, was shivering in fear as I looked at the beast who looked lethal. I thought Miss Margaret was scary, but one look at him, and I changed my mind... he is scarier.

The men stepped away from him after securing him by the pole. He hissed at everyone who was laughing at him, and then his gaze fell on me, and I forgot to breathe. His eyes were golden brown, and they spoke more than the words could speak. There was only one thing in those eyes, and I shuddered at that.

I stepped back away from the crowd as I rushed towards the kitchen. I washed my face with cold water as I thought back to what I saw in those eyes. I saw blood.. blood of everyone in this village.

There was a promise in those eyes, a promise that he would kill all of us, every single person in this village. And I don't know how I know this or how I could read that in his eyes, but I did, and I am scared!

....

Don't forget to tell if you like this story or not in comments!