15.

Zeon/Beast's Pov...

I saw her standing there in shock, I don't know why I told her my biggest secret. Maybe because I know she won't tell anyone or maybe because I want the one person whom I cared for the most to know about me. I never liked anyone before her but her...

She makes me do things that I have never done for others. I never thought that I would care for someone that much. I thought I didn't have that in me, but she proved me wrong.

She became my solace, which I was looking for years, I preferred staying alone before her, but after she came into my life, I only wanted her to stay beside me and talk. Hell, I could listen to her for hours and won't get tired. That's how much effect she has on me, but...

It doesn't matter anymore. She would never be mine. I have bigger things planned for me, and she is coming in my way. I never wanted to send her away. Hell, I am even hoping that she won't find that bastard Henry. I want to take her away and lock her somewhere safe where she won't be able to leave me. I wouldn't let anything happen to her, I have the power now.

I don't know when and how she became so special to me, maybe it was when I first saw her or maybe when her eyes met mine eyes the first time or ..maybe when she walked towards me with the food or.. maybe when she fed me with her little hands or.. maybe when she first talked to me.. or maybe when she first said my name from her rosy lips...!

I don't know when, but what I do know is she has become someone that would always remain in my heart that was hollow before, but now it's filled with her, my faith, my solace!

I am letting her go only because I know she deserves someone better, someone who is not filled with darkness. I am the darkness, and she is the light. Only I know how difficult it was to let her go.. I tried to avoid her as much as possible on fear that I would take her back and lock her somewhere where only I could reach.

I can't take that from her, she loves that boy... she would never love me. It's not that I want her love. My love would be enough for both of us. She just had to stay by my side, forever, and I would give her every happiness of this world.

But that's a piece of shi... Henry, oh, how much I want to kill that boy, but I know she would hate me forever. I know she doesn't love me, but she doesn't hate me either. I could see how distressed she was these last days when I wasn't talking with her. I was distancing myself from her because I wanted to protect her from myself. Because I know I am the only one who can protect her from myself.

I am a Beast. They call me beast because I am a ruthless, cruel man who don't think twice before shedding blood. I am a Beast by nature, and she is a little Angel who knows nothing about the world. She thinks that her village people were cruel, in a way they were, but they are nothing compared to us.. to me.

A small part of my heart is wishing that she would find the boy and would stay here because if she goes with me, then I won't ever let her go, not until I die. She will be mine for life, her soul, her pain, her happiness ... everything would be mine. I will hive her everything, but in return, she wouldn't be allowed to leave me. That's the only thing I would want from her.

I hid behind a wall from where I could see her, but she couldn't. She turned towards the door and knocked on it. She waited nervously, and I could see excitement on her face. He is her lover, the one person she loves the most...! My jaw clenched as I think of the person she gave her precious heart to. If he ever hurt her, I won't think twice to kill him.

I waited for the door to open half, expecting it to not open, and then I would take her back with me. But unfortunately for me and fortunately for her the door opened. She gasped loudly as she saw someone... I exhaled when I heard a boy's voice.

"Faith... is that you.. you are here...!" the boy said, and the next moment, I saw him embracing my faith with his filthy hands. I closed my eyes and fisted my hands, not letting my inner demon come out and kill that bastard who touched what's mine. I reminded myself that she is not mine and she won't like it if I killed her ... lover.

My little sweet innocent faith thinks that I am a good man, and I want it to stay like that. I want her to only think of me in a good light.

"Henry... I missed you so much..." she said she was crying.

I couldn't wait anymore and turned around as I walked away. I put as much as distance between us, telling myself not to turn around and snatch her away. I can't do that to her. She would hate me forever. And I don't think I can bear her hate. But I also think that it's not in her to hate someone. She is too pure for this world. She is the kind of a girl who always looks good in others. My naive girl!

I walked in the deep forest away from the city, I wanted to get my mind off her, and there's only one way to do that. I want blood!

I looked around for my prey, I stained my ears to see if there was anything around, and to my luck, I heard a sound. I made my way and saw a wild bear lurking in the forest. I smirked as I pulled out my sword silently.

I started making my way towards the bear. His back was to me. There is no fun in attacking from behind, so I make myself known. The bear turned towards me with a growl, I growled back at him like an animal. That's what I am!

And then he pounced on me, I fought with him. He gave a tough fight, but I was far stronger and smarter than him. As I got tired, I plunged my sword straight in his heart. He howled in pain and fell down on his back.

I wiped the blood from my face, and I had only a claw mark on my arm. I went near a lake and washed myself clean of any blood. I treated my wound and covered it with a spare cloth.

A few hours later, I walked to where the men were waiting for us. But Faith was still on my mind, I don't know how I would get rid of her thoughts. I am not sure when I will lose this war with myself and would snatch her away from that Henry. I know it's a matter of time that I would give up, and my will to stay away will break.

I could make out the horses in a distance, but I am sure what I will tell them. They will ask questions about her. Hell, some of men will be happy that I have gotten rid of her. They were expecting me to get over her and kill her, which I would never do, not even in my worst dream. The only way to protect from them was to claim her mine in front of others.

I have earned a lot of respect from these men, that's why they didn't argue with me. I am the strongest of them all, which made me a valuable asset. Hence why the leader didn't object when I told him she would stay. He doesn't like her, but he won't do anything to her as long as she is in my protection.

"Stop crying now," I heard Louis's voice, and they were back. But who is he talking to? From what I know, no men here would cry even if they are about to die. For them, crying is a weakness.

I step towards them as I see men, loading the supplies on the horses. Louis was standing with his back towards me as he was whispering something to someone that I couldn't see.

I saw Serpent standing on a side with a frown when his gaze met mine, and he smirked at me.

"Look who is here?" He said, and few men turned towards me, as well as Louis.

"You lost your girl, I didn't know you are that careless." He said, and I narrowed my eyes at him. What is he talking about?

"It's a good thing that I found her, what if someone else had found her and you know what could happen to a pretty little girl..." He said as his smirk widened when he looked on his side. My gaze went in that direction, and I stiffened when it fell on a certain 5ft 4-inch girl whose eyes were red from crying.