23.

I woke up to a sound coming from my side, and I sat up when I realized it's Zeon. He was drenched in sweat and was mumbling something. He was having a nightmare...

"Zeon... wake up..." I lightly shook him, trying to wake him.

"Zeon, please wake up..." I was now worried as I saw tears running down his cheek, I have never seen him cry.

"Don't hurt them.. don't hurt her... don't hurt..." He was mumbling incoherently.

"Zeon...!" I called his name loudly this time, leaning close to him. His eyes opened, and he stared at me without blinking.

"Zeon, it's alright... it was just a dream..." He didn't let me continue as the next moment, he pulled me in his chest tightly, clutching me to his body. He had a tight grip on me, which was making it difficult for me to breathe.

"Zeon..." I called, but my voice was muffled.

"Nothing will happen to you..  I will not let anything happen to you .. nobody can hurt you... no one can take you away from me... I will kill everyone... I won't let them take you away from me..." He was mumbling to himself.

"Zeon... please... leave ... I.... can't breathe... please." I pleaded.

"Zeon!" I yelled loudly, and that brought him out of his reverie. He sat up and loosened his hold on me but didn't let go completely.

"I am sorry.. I am so sorry... I didn't realize... I ..." He looked at me in shock with his teary eyes that were red now.

"Are you okay?" I asked him as he was caressing my belly gently. He placed a kiss on my forhead.

"Don't ever leave me, Faith. I don't have anyone else.... you are my home!" He told me as he hugged me, but this time his hold was soft. I gently patted his back, trying to ease him.

"I would never leave you, Zeon. I also have just you...!" I told him and moved back to see him in his eyes. I wiped his cheeks, not liking his tears. I don't like him seeing like this so weak and helpless.

"Who else would love me like you do?" I asked him, raising an eyebrow. He exhaled out and smiled lightly.

"I am sorry I woke you up.. " He apologized. I rolled my eyes at him..

"Don't ever say sorry for these things." I scolded him lightly.

"Tou ate my whole world,  Faith!" He said as he placed his forhead on mine.

"I love you, Zeon!" I whispered back.

~~~~~

"Zeon go...!" I glared at him as he stood by his horse and looked back at me.

"I don't want to go.." He said as he looked at me.

"Mr Smith will have your head... you didn't go yesterday either." I crossed my arms. Since he had that nightmare, he hadn't left me alone. He didn't even go to work yesterday, and I didn't say anything knowing he needed that, but he doesn't  want to go today, too.

"Go...!" I said with seriousness.

"I will be fine, I promised you that I won't step out of the bed. I will stay in the house too. What else do you want?" I huffed, he looked amused at my small outburst.

"Alright, but I will be back early." He said, and I shook my head. He sat on the horse, and with the last glance at me, he went away. I closed the door after him and went to our bedroom to sleep some more.

I promised him I won't do any work today, and I would have my head if I went against him. I laid down on the bed and closed my eyes to take a small nap.

~~~

I opened my eyes when I felt like my throat was closing up on me. I gasped when I saw smoke around me. I started coughing, I stood up from bed and walked towards the door. When I opened the door, a gasp left my mouth. The whole house was on fire, and everything was burning in front of my eyes, the home that Zeon had made with so much love and hard work.

My tears were falling down my eyes as it was getting hard to breathe. I could feel my heartbeat rising... I covered my mouth with a cloth and tried to make my way towards the door, but there was fire all around the place. I looked around for the window but the whole place was burning. I made my way back to the room and sat on the ground.

The fire was reaching the room too, but I didn't know how to escape. I could see my death, I clutched my stomach. Oh my God, what will happen to Zeon... he would be heartbroken... but there is no way to go out. How can I escape?

With every second, it gets difficult to breathe, and my lungs are closing up on me. I fell down on the ground while my hands clutched my stomach, trying to save my baby when I knew no one could save us.

"I.. I am .. sorry .. zeon.." With those last words, I closed my eyes, not able to breathe anymore.

**********
Hello everyone! This story is coming to an end. Only three more chapters are left, and I will upload all of them tomorrow. I hope you are enjoying this story. Thank you to everyone who voted and commented that you guys are love ❤️. Your comments make me so happy and proud!