6.

I worked all day alongside Cookie, he helped me in cutting vegetables even though he told me before that I have to do that alone. But he was a kind-hearted man under that hard exterior, I feel like half of the men here are like that. Lanky also came and helped us.

I also realize one thing that everyone here helps each other without any complaints. They also have farms here where they grow fruits and vegetables. We collected vegetables from there first and then we came here in the kitchen. I liked living here it felt like home, but .. my home is where Henry is. I have to talk to Beast about that.

Lanky and I were left behind as Cookie was called by the leader who is called leader, no name! I sighed.

"What's going on in your little mind?" Lanky asked me as he saw me sighing.

"Lanky..." I stopped and shook my head.

"Can I please call you something else, I feel like I am bodyshaming you!" I said and looked down at my hands while peeling potatoes.

"Uhmm... I don't know!" He said and looked confused.

"I am sorry... I shouldn't have said that.." I said, feeling like I have done something wrong. It's his name. He is called by that name by all his friends, and suddenly, I want him to change his name.

"No, actually, I also didn't like that name, but with time, I got used to it because as you see, everyone has names like that, so .. but I would like a normal name. Can you give me a name?" He asked with hopeful eyes, and my eyes widened at his request.

"Please... I was only 5 when the leader found me in streets stealing food. He took me in since then I lived with them. They gave me that name and I thought that it was my name, later I got to know what it meant but it was too late." He sighed in sadness. My heart hurt for him, and here I thought I had the worst past. I believe everyone here has sad stories. That's why they live here in seclusion away from everyone else.

"What about Louis?" I asked, and his eyes shined bright.

"Yes Louis is good, I like it!" He smiled brightly, and I too smiled at that.

"How old are you, Louis?" I asked, and he seemed to like being called Louis as his smile widened at the name.

"I am 20!" He said, and I gasped loudly. And here I thought he was younger than me.

"What?" He asked me.

"You look so young, I thought you were younger than me, but it seems like you are a year older than me." I told him, and he grinned at me.

"Finally, someone is younger than me. Now I will have someone to order around as they do with me." He scoffed at the end.

"Oh!" I said a little scared.

"Hey, don't worry, you are too cute to be mess with!" He winked, and I relaxed a little but then blushed at him, calling me cute. Only Henry has ever called me beautiful other than him, no one ever complemented me.

"Louis?" I called as a thought struck me.

"Yes!" He said as his gaze focused on cutting the potatoes.

"How far is Mosvil from here?" I asked him out of curiosity. He looked up at me with a frown.

"Why do you ask?" He asked me.

"I have a ... friend there,!" I said, not knowing what to call Henry. He looked in thought as he gazed at me.

"It's far away. It would take about 2 weeks to reach there!" He told me, and my hope dies a little. There's no way I would go there alone.

"You want to leave?" He asked and looked sad. I can't believe he had attached to me in only a day, he too is a good friend but I have to go. Henry is waiting for me!

"Yes, Henry is waiting for me. It's already a year and..." I felt tears in my eyes as I remembered him. I miss him, and I am worried how he would be. I know he will be waiting for me.

"Don't be sad!" He sighed as he held my hand lightly. I looked up at him, and he smiled at me reassuringly.

"In a month, few of the men will go out to a city near Mosvil. You can go with them, I will talk to Beast." He assured me, and I smiled happily.

"Really? They will take me with them?" I asked.

"I hope so!" He whispered lightly.

"Is it done?" Cookie came in and asked us.

"Yes, Cookie, we are almost done!" He told him. Cookie smiled at both of us proudly and then ordered us to help him further.

We silently helped him while he cooked. At one point, Louis left, but not before he told Cookie about his name. For a moment, the cookie looked at both of us in surprise, but then he smiled and congratulated Louis.

"That boy is everyone's favorite, and by giving him a new name. You made him happy, thank you for that!" Cookie said as I sat beside him while he taught me to cook. I only smiled at him.

"Do you also have a name?" I asked him after a lot of thought. He smiled lightly and then sighed.

"I had a name, but now I prefer being called Cookie. It's my new name which my brothers gave me and I am happy with it. Almost everyone here is prefer being called by their new names apart from Lanky." He chuckled lightly at the end. I nodded!

By the evening the dinner was ready. Cookie and another man placed the pot of vegetable stew outside along with the bread. This time, he poured stew in the bowls, and I placed the piece of bread on the plate. First of all, the leader came, and I was afraid of him as he looked intimidating. He didn't smile at me, only glared. I passed the plate to him, which he took with a small grunt.

"Don't worry, he is not that bad!" Cookie reassured me once he walked away. Me on the other hand, wasn't sure about it. He hates me and that I can see in his eyes. I have to leave this place as soon as possible.

But I have to wait for a month, until then I will try to stay with Louis and Cookie, the only two people that I like or more like who like me. I am not counting Beast because I am not sure if he likes me because I haven't seen him for the whole day even now he hasn't come to get food.

"Pour for both of us!" Cookie said as everyone had their food. I looked around for Beast, but he wasn't here. With a sigh, I poured food for both of us. I sat beside him on the ground and started eating.

I was halfway eating when I saw him coming towards the food table. I jumped up immediately and started pouring food for him. Once he was near, I gave him his plate with a small smile. He took the food with a small nod and turned away.

Maybe he doesn't like me but that fact can't be changed that he helped me. He saved my life, and for that, I am forever thankful to him.