8.

After having dinner, I walked back to the cave to sleep. I sat on the mattress with the biggest smile on my face. I will finally be with Henry after so long. We will get married, and then we will have a family of our own. I blushed at the thought of having children with Henry. That is something we have always talked about.

I felt someone's gaze on me, and I looked up. It was Beast, and he was looking at me. When he saw me looking, he moved his gaze away. He walked towards his blanket and splayed it on the ground. As he was about to lie down, I stopped him.

"Uhmm... you can sleep here on ... the mattress... I will sleep there!" I said. He looked up at me with a small frown and shook his head no. I lay down on the blanket and was about to close his eyes.

"I insist!" I said, immediately feeling bad about taking his place. It's his place, and I have been sleeping in his bed for a week now. He let out a huff and sat up. He looked at me with a feiry gaze and signed No. I have learned a few sign words from Louis. I want to understand what he says. Louis had only taught me a few basic words like no, yes, eat, sleep, drink, and few others like that.

He looked angry, so I shut my mouth instantly, not wanting to rile him up. He closed his eyes as he lay down. After a few moments, I spoke up.

"Thank you... for letting me go to Mosvil." I smiled lightly as he turned his face towards me. He only nodded once, but his eyes looked like he wanted to say something.

"Uhmm... can I... ask you ... something?" I asked, suddenly curious. He looked at those brown orbs, and I gulped.

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to." I said again. He sighed and rubbed his eyes. I took it as a sign to ask my question.

"What's your real name?" I asked and looked for his reaction as I bit my lower lip nervously. He groaned lowly and closed his eyes, then covered his eyes with his arm.

"Alright." I said softly to myself. He doesn't want to answer. I, too, lie down, snuggling in my blanket. Before closing my eyes, I spoke once more.

"Good night, Beast!" I said and closed my eyes. The only reply I got back was a soft sigh from him, and then I succumbed to darkness.

~~~~

I woke up early in the morning but didn't see him every day. I sat up and folded the blanket, then I walked towards his blanked and folded it too. I decided to clean the cave today. With that thought, I picked my clean dress and soap, which Cookie gave me a few days ago. I walked down and picked the empty bucket, and walked towards the river.

Everyone was still sleeping as I didn't see anyone around. I washed my face with the cool water and smiled as I felt fresh. I breathed in the fresh air, but my face turned downward when I thought back to the time I was at the village.

I never had that much freedom back there, I would wake up early in the morning and would start working till midnight. A tear streaked down my cheek, I am not sad that those people are dead because they deserved that, especially Miss Margaret.

I wiped my tears and filled the bucket with water. I picked the heavy bucket with one hand and with the other hand I held my clothes and soap. I only made halfway at a snail's pace while being careful not to pour water down. A hand came and took the bucket from my hand with ease. I looked ahead and saw Beast taking the bucked toward the bathroom. He placed it inside and came out.