20.

I have been waiting for Zeon for hours now as he went to the market to buy a few things. I wanted to go with him but he said that I had to stay back to take care of the things. He promised he would come back soon, I have already cooked food and am now working for him.

I went inside the tent and laid down as I was tired. I didn't know when I went to sleep and awoke when I heard a sound. I sat up with the start, I was alone in the tent, but I could hear a sound. I picked up the sword that Zeon left for me if anything happened, but I am not sure if I would use it.

I opened the flap and looked outside warily. it was dark. Zeon hasn't come yet? I moved outside and looked around to see from where the sound came. Maybe it was nothing.. I turned to go inside when I heard the sound again. It was coming from the left side, I followed the sound alarmed.

I hid behind the tree and peeked. There was man in the middle of the trees with his axe. Not any man, it was Zeon.

"You scared me, Zeon!" I told him as I walked out from my hiding spot. He turned towards me.

"You are awake!" He said and looked at me with a small smile.

"What are you doing?" I asked him and looked around he was cutting trees, but for what?

"I am going to build a home for you." He told me as he started gathering woods. I stood there frozen looking at him. Is he building a home for me? Does he remember everything I told him?

I remember telling him that I wanted a small home near the city with a waterfall nearby. A tear fell down my cheek. What did I deserve to have him? Henry was only man of words but him.. he proves with his actions.

"Am I worth all of it?" I asked more to myself, but he heard as he walked towards me. He palmed my cheeks and raised my head so our eyes could meet.

"You are worth everything, my little Faith!" He told me with so much adoration in his eyes. He loves me. That's the only reason someone could do so much for them.

"I don't think I can love again!" I told him truthfully. His eyes softened as he smiled softly.

"I will wait!" He told me.

"What if I never could?" I asked again.

"Then I will love for both of us." He told me and then placed a kiss on my forhead, I closed my eyes.

"Let's go! I am hungry." He said as he captured my hand in his large ones and pulled me towards our temporary home. All the way back, I was looking at our joined hands, and I could feel something, something so deep yet foreign. I haven't felt like this for anyone, not even Henry!

~~~~

It's been two weeks since we moved here, Zeon worked all day on building our home. He only took a break to eat or sleep, I often found him waking up at night and found him working on the house. As much as I am happy that we will have our own home, I also don't want him to tire himself out. He barely sleeps or eats. He also doesn't let me help him.

The most he would let me help is to carry small things from one place to another, and that's it. I am sitting by a tree watching him work on the house. The outer portion is half done. Our home will have two rooms, a kitchen and a living room.