18.

I kept moving, not stopping, I could hear him behind me. I don't know what happened, but the next moment, my horse stumbled and fell down along with me. I cried in pain, unable to sit up. I closed my eyes as I felt unbearable pain in my back and arms.

I felt a presence beside me, I opened my eyes and saw him hovering over me. He had a scowl on his face, and he sat down on his knees.

"You can't outrun me." He told me calmly and then gave me his hand. I held it as he helped me sit up. He eyed my arms that had bruises on it. He sighed and looked at a scolding look.

"Where would you go?" He asked me, rendering me speechless for a moment.

"I don't know... maybe Henry.." I said but wasn't sure myself. Would I be able to see him with his wife knowing it should have been me instead of her.

"I am sorry about whatever you see, I really am. I will make sure that you will not see anything like that ever again. But please don't run from here when you know that you don't have any place. I will give you whatever you want... just don't leave me.." He ran a hand through his hairs.

"I am scared, Zeon." I told him.

"Of me?" He asked me, a hint of worry evident on his face.

"I know you would not hurt me, but they don't like me... the leader, he... scares me!" I told him truthfully.

"As long as I am with you, you don't have to get scared of anyone. I will deal with them!" He said, and I almost believe him.

"Won't you ever get tired of me?" I said meekly. He only smiled a little.

"Never!" He told me and then helped me up. He sat me down on my horse, giving the reigns in my hand.

"Don't run this time because I won't let you go. I let you go once, I don't think I can do  that again!" With that, he turned and sat on his horse. This time, I followed him quietly while thinking about his words.

What does he mean by that? I just don't understand!

"Where were you two?" Louis asked as he eyed us when we catched up to them. He looked at my muddy clothes. I didn't speak and looked down at my hands. After that, Louis didn't ask anything, thankfully.

It took us two weeks going back, I was enough time for me to accept my new life and reflect upon whatever happened. I can't forget Henry and what he did to me, but I had made some peace with it now. I will never forgive Henry for what he did. He was the one who said that he loved me, he was the one who showed me the dream of having a home, he showed me those dreams and, in return, betrayed me.

"We are here!" Louis announced, and I could also faintly make the sight of tents. I sighed as I realized I was back here. I don't know what will happen now.

"Welcome!" Leader came in front of us as he welcomed us along with all the men. Cookie smiled at me, and I smiled back at him.

"Where's Freddie, Jackie, and Harrow?" Leader asked as I stepped off of the horse with the help of Grizzly. I thanked him, to which he nodded.

"Dead!" Serpent muttered nonchalantly as if it isn't anything big.

"What have you got for us?" Leader asked as his eyes glinted when he eyed the carriages.