17.

"I am not staying back!" Louis yelled, I only watched from behind as he was throwing a fit.

"Beast wants someone to stay with the girl!" Serpent scowled as he looked at me as if my mere presence was bothersome for him.

"But I want to go with you all," Louis almost pleaded, and I felt bad for him.

"I will be fine here on my own. You need not worry." I said, looking at Beast, who was silently watching everything. His gaze met mine with such seriousness that I almost cowered away. He shakes his head gruffly.

'You are staying here, and that's final!" Beast signed angrily to Louis, who grumbled something under his breath but nodded anyway.

Serpent snickered lowly at Louis, who glared at him and stomped away.

'Stay with him.' Beast signed as he stood in front of me. He caressed my hair lightly and then placed a kiss on the top of my head, which I could barely feel, but it did erupted butterflies in my stomach.

"Alright!" I whispered out as I looked in his eyes. His gaze softened instantly. He lightly caressed under my eyes, which were swollen from crying. All the way, here from Mosvil I was crying. I have stopped now, only because I was getting weird looks from all the men, and I don't want them to have a doubt on us.

I closed my eyes at his touch, and with a small sigh, he stepped away and turned around to leave. I only watch his back as all of the men sat on their horses and left.

I turned around and saw Louis sitting by the river while sulking. I sat beside him and looked ahead at the clear water.

"I am sorry, you had to stay here because of me.." I said softly as I felt bad.

"No, Faith, it's not because of you..." He said but stopped.

"They always do this with me. They leave me to guard the supplies or horses if they dont take them along." He huffed.

"Oh!" I could only say that not knowing what to say when I am also a mess myself.

I don't know how my life will get from now on before I had an aim. I wanted to reach Mosvil and to find Henry, but now... I don't know what to do with life anymore. The only thing that kept me going was Henry, and now that I don't have him with me... this freedom felt like a waste.

I don't know for how long the leader and the men will bear with me. They don't like me, and Beast can't protect me for my whole life. At one point, he would also get bored of me. What can I give him? Nothing!

"Do you want to talk about what happened?" He asked me and looked a little sceptical.

"Dont get me wrong, I am happy that you are back, but still, I want to know what made you so sad... you didn't find your friend?" He asked me, and at the thought of Henry, my eyes swell once more.

"He got married and ... he is having a baby soon with his wife... !" I told him with great difficulty as the feeling of betrayed swirls in me.

"That motherfu...!" He stopped himself but looked angry at him. I smiled at his protectiveness for me.

"I am happy that I found you and Beast and Cookie and Grizzly..!" I told him, and he laughed.