27. (End)

Faith's pov...

"Zeon.. no, " I called him as he was about to hurt Louis. He wasn't in his senses. He was drenched in blood. I looked around the place, and my heart hurt at the sight of dead bodies lying around the place. The stench of blood was evident in the air, making me gag.

Zeon looked at me and stilled. Everyone else was looking at me the same way. They were stunned to see me alive, and a choked sob came out of my mouth as I realized so many people died because of me. He started this war because of me. I looked at those men who lit our house on fire, and their faces were unrecognizable.

"Faith...!" Zeon called me unsurely as if he did not believe that I was really here. I stepped towards him and embraced him. I cried on his shoulder. He didn't hug me back at first, but then he touched my back gently as if testing whether I was real or not. He let out a sigh of relief and hugged me close to him.

"You are alive... you are alive...!" He kept chanting while kissing my head and my face. He palmed my cheek and I saw tears falling down his eyes. I wiped those tears, not liking them.

"I am fine!" I told him. He stepped away and looked all over my body, and his eyes stopped on my burnt arm. His jaw clenched as he gently grabbed my arm and inspected my arm.

"I am fine, Zeon. Look at me! We are fine." I assured him as I palmed his cheek. He placed a kiss on my forhead.

"You scared us, Faith!" Louis scolded me lightly but looked happy.

"Serpent saved my life." I told Zeon and looked back at Serpent, who was standing a few steps away from us. Both men shared a look and gave each other a nod.

"I won't let you get away from my sight from now on." He told her and placed his forehead on hers.

"Beast ... watch out!" Louis yelled, and we both looked up. My gaze fell on a leader who had a sword on his end ... the sharper end of which was in Serpent's heart that's was meant for Beast, but Serpent took it for him.

Zeon turned around and pushed his sword inside the leaders heart, ending his life for once and for all. I ran towards Serpent, grabbing his hand.

"Cookie! ...help him.." I yelled out, cookie used to help men when any of them is hurt or sick. He had studied medicine a little. Cookie came towards us and placed a clean cloth on the wound to stop blood, but it got drenched in blood within seconds. I panicked and looked up at  Serpent, who was gazing at me with a soft smile. Pain was evident on his face, and even in his last moments, he was trying to hide it.

"I .. I told you... people like me don't have happy endings... I won't get my happy ending." He smiled sadly but groaned out when Cookie changed the cloth and pressed hard on his wound. I looked up at Cookie, but he shook his head sadly.

"I am sorry, I can't do anything!" He told us.

"No... you have to help him... please save him..." I pleaded, he can't die like that. He saved my life and...

"Sshh ... it's fine... please don't cry..." Serpent said and gently wiped my tears.

"I will be free now..!" He told me and closed his eyes but then opened them and looked at someone behind me.