10.

I walked towards the barn to collect eggs. Today, we will have eggs for breakfast, so Cookie told me to collect them first thing in the morning. I hadn't come here before, as I walked inside, I saw a few men tending to cows as they gathered milk. I smiled at the familiar face, who often smiled back at me. I think his name was Benjy, maybe but he is nice. On the other hand his friend Mark doesn't like me, he always glares at me.

"You here to collect eggs?" Benjy asked me. I nodded shyly as I showed him the basket. He smiled at me , and Mark grumbled something under his breath and told screw to not talk to me. He gave me a sorry look and got back to work.

I enter the back side of the barn where chickens are kept. All the chickens were outside and freed from their cage, so I gathered eggs easily.

When I was about to walk outside, I heard Mark saying something about me.

"I am sure Beast would just use her and then throw her away. He will leave her once he gets over her." He laughed as if it's some sort of joke.

"Come on, Mark," Benjy scolded him lightly, but I didn't stay and walked away. It also made me more desperate to leave this place. They will never welcome me, this place is not for me. I sighed and got inside the kitchen where Cookie was waiting for me.

"It's about time you are here." He said with a chuckle. I smiled and got to work.

~~~

"Faith dear, discard that water bucket which I used to wash vegetables." Cookie said as I washed my plate.

I picked the bucket and was about to throw the water absent-minded, but it fell on Serpent who came in front of nowhere. I gasped as I saw him drenched, and his angry gaze landed on me. From behind, I heard Louis's voice in between men's laughing.

"Run!" He said, and I didn't need to be told twice as I turned and ran away with an angry serpent on my back.

"I will kill you for this, women!" His angry voice roared.

I ran as fast as I could towards the cave, I just pray my savior is there or else he will kill me.

"Women, stop!" He growled at me, but I didn't stop and kept running until I saw Beast coming towards our direction. As he saw me running towards him, he stopped and looked at me with a frown.

I ran towards him and his behind his back while clutching his shirt.

"Save me... please help me... he will kill me." I whimpered, and his whole body tensed as he turned towards me. He jerked his head as if asking who.

"Serpent!" I whispered as few tears fell down my cheeks.

'What did you do?' He signed.

"I... might or might not have..." I fiddled with my finger as I looked up at him.

"She fucking threw water on me!" Serpent roared as he came in view.

"It was a mistake... I promise!" I said looking in Beast's eyes who sighed as he rubbed his head. Then turned towards Serpent who was glaring daggers at me.

'It was mistake' he signed to him but Serpent wasn't having it.

"No I am sure she did it on purpose." He narrowed his eyes at me.

"No I didn't." I said in a small voice as I hid behind Beast's back while fiddling with his shirt in fear.

"Yes you did!" He was adamant as he tried to come towards me. But Beast pushed him away while growling.

'Stop!' He signed and the two men glared at each other. Then Serpent gave up and looked at me.

"I will not forget this." He said and I gulped in fear. Beast growled at him again at his threat towards me. Serpent turned around and left not before cursing me to death.

I placed my head on his back and sniffles, he tensed at my touch but I was too forgone to care.

"I am sorry..." I apologized to him softly.

"I don't know why everyone here hates me especially Serpent. I just want to leave as soon as possible. I don't want to stay where I am not invited." I sniffled again.

With a sigh he turn around and raised my chin up.

'You are coming with me' he signed and wiped my cheeks of tears.

He then grabbed my hand lightly in his rough hand, but somehow his hand fits mine perfectly. His touch comforted me in so many ways and I felt at peace.

With other hand he held his axe and start walking towards the forest where he works all day. I also don't want to go back, I don't know what Serpent will do to me. I haven't talked to Louis since our fight.

We stopped at the place where he does his work. He made me sat on a log, and walked towards the tree to cut it. I silently watched him and it somehow made me feel better. He was sweating heavily as he cut the wood in to small pieces. He didn't remove his shirt today like he did before.

  After sometime I got bored and walked towards him.

"I want to help you." I told him, as he looked up at me when I stood close to him. With a small sigh he gave me the rope and point towards the fallen branches scattered a little away.

"Alright." I beamed happily as I made my way towards them to bind. I try to bind it but I couldn't make a hard knot and it kept loosening. With a small huff I looked back at him and saw him already looking at me with a little amusement in his eyes.

"I can do it." I told him with determination and get to work.

I again tried to make a knot but it loosened again. I groaned lightly but then I felt his presence just behind me. He placed his hand over me and showed me how to make a knot. I got nervous at the close proximity, his presence was doing things to me that I haven't felt before with anyone not even with Henry. I could feel butterflies in my stomach as his chest touched my back a little.

"I...." I stuttered and he stepped away then looked at me at point towards few other branches. I nodded and got to work. This time I was able to bind them easily, I looked up at him with excitement and he nodded as if telling I did right.

Then he get back to his work and I kept doing mine. Winter's coming, that's why they're collecting woods and these will be stored in the outhouse. Some other men also do this but they work together whereas Beast likes to work alone.

"Don't you get bored here working alone?" I asked him with curiosity. He shake his head no.

"Won't it get lonely?" I asked him lightly, he looked at me with a far away look in his eyes.

'Sometimes' he signed and I felt sad for him. Whenever I look deep in his eyes there is a whirlwind of emotions in them.

"Can I come here with you, sometimes?" I asked him looking at him with hope. He paused for a moment and then gave a small nod.

"Thank you." I jumped in happiness and his lips turned upward a little. I could see light in his eyes as he looked at me as if it made him happy.