24.

"What's wrong, boy? you looked troubled since morning." The shop owner asked Zeon,  who was deep in thought. He has been like this for a few days, but today, everyone can see on his face that something is troubling him.

"Nothing.." He grumbled lightly and went back to his work. The owner looked at him closely. He had come to adore this boy since he came into his shop of work. He was a very hardworking boy. The owner has met his wife too, and he immediately liked that girl who reminds him of his daughter.

"Your wife's fine?" He asked Zeon, who at the name of his wife frowned a little.

"I don't know.. she isn't feeling well for days now, but she hides it from me in fear that I would worry..." Zeon mumbled with annoyance. The owner chuckled at that.

"It means she loves you and doesn't want to worry you." The owner told him, and Zeon knew it was true. He knows that his little Faith loves him more than anything. And now that their baby is coming, he would have to share her with them. He sighed exasperated. The thought of her being alone at home always worried him, but today, it's like his heart is telling him something.

He startled and looked up when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Go home." The owner smiled at the boy whose face lights up.

"But... the work..." He half-heartedly said.

"It's okay. Your heart and mind are with your wife. You are no good to me right now." The owner chuckled. Zeon stood up and packed his things. With a small nod towards the owner, he left the shop.

He sat on his horse and moved towards his home, his Faith. But even the thought of seeing her didn't do anything to soothe his increasing worry. He had this inkling that something was going to happen. Something wrong was going to happen. After losing his family, he never thought that he would love anyone or care for anyone, but Faith changed everything. She changed him.

He even decided to let go of his revenge for her. He wanted to take her away from those people. He wanted to start a new life with her away from everyone and everything. Although it was difficult for him to leave his revenge back, he still wants to kill that bastard, but he knows nothing good will come out of it.

His blind supporters will not stop until they kill him and his Faith if he killed their leader in front of them. He wasn't scared to die before, but now... he doesn't want to die. He wants to live a long life with her and for her!

As he reached near the house he could see smoke aprind the forest. His heartbeat increased as all sorts of thoughts plagued his mind. He pulled the reign harshly, motioning his horse to run faster. His hands were shivering as with every step he could see the smoke more and more, the smell of burning clogged the air. Never in his life was he so scared not since his family's death, but now...

His eyes widened in shock and fear when he came face to face with his home..  or what left of his home. He couldn't move for a few seconds. He felt as if an unknown force had paralysed him. With a lot of force, he skid off the horse and ran towards the burning house, which was almost burned.

"Faith... faith...." He yelled loudly like an estranged man unable to control his tears. He tried to move inside the home but the fire didn't let him. He burned his arm in the process, but he was too far gone to care about his injuries. He was only worried for his wife, his Faith.

He picked up the bucket and filled it with water. He tried to put down the fire as much as he could. It took him a long time to cease the fire. He stepped inside the burned home, which was about to fall any moment now. He was only hoping that his wife would be safe by any miracle, but he knew that he was only expecting the unexpected.

With great resolve, he started moving the pile of woods in search of his wife. He looked like a madman nor caring about the hot wood that was burning his hands. He couldn't find her... or her body... something, maybe her clothes ... her shoes... or anything. Most of the things inside turned into ashes. He yelled loudly. He cried for his wife, for his unborn child, for himself....he cried for his family.

"Beast...!" A soft voice could be heard from behind. He instantly turned around in the hope that it would be her, but his hope vanished when he saw the person.

"Wh... where's Faith?" Louis asked as he looked at the burned house and his tears. Tears of his own fell as he realized he was late. He couldn't save his friend... the only person he cherished. She was his sister
, his family.

Louis fell down on his knees and started crying.

"I am late .. I thought I would come... and save her ... but I am late. I am sorry... I am sorry ... I am sorry." He was crying. Zeon's features changed, and anger replaced grief.

"Who did this?" He growled. For a moment, Louis was stunned hearing his voice, but the thought of losing his friend overweight his shock.

"Leader... he sent some of his men to kill her... Grizzly heard it. He told me and I immediately came here but ... I couldn't save her... I couldn't... I am sorry." Louis told him, looking dejected. He was angry at himself. If only he came first, if only...

"I will kill that bastard for good this time, I will give him a slow and painful death that he would ask for death himself, and I will delay it. I will let him bleed, yet I won't kill him... I will watch him scream in pain, asking for forgiveness, yet he won't be forgiven. He will meet his end, and I will make sure of it!" There was something else in his eyes and in his voice, a promise, a vow that he would fulfil. Louis shuddered as he looked at Beast. He knew what Beast was capable of, but he had never seen his anger. He was always so calm and collected. Seeing him like this scared him.

Zeon didn't wait and sat on his horse. He didn't wait for Louis to catch up with him. He pulled the reigns and set off towards his biggest enemy to end him for once and all.