22.

A few months later...

"Why you don't listen to me, women!" I closed my eyes as I heard his voice from behind. I know what's coming next!

"I told you not to move from bed." He scolded and pulled the bucket of water out of my hand, which wasn't that heavy. He has prohibited me from doing anything these days, and I am getting tired of laying down the whole day doing nothing.

"I can't just lie down all day." I told him while pouting. He placed the bucket down and picked me up in his arms, and then he walked inside. He laid me down on the couch in the living room.

"You don't listen to me!" He said and sat beside me.

"I don't want you to get hurt. You are not fine and..." He paused as he closed his eyes. I took in his exhausted face, and my heart softened. He works in a blacksmiths shop all day, and when he comes home, he also does the home chores. That's why I wanted to make it easy for him.

"I wanted to cook for you.." I told him softly as I palmed his cheek.

"But I told you once I come back I will cook myself for both of us." He said softly as he placed his hand on me.

"The healer has strictly prohibited you to do any strenuous work. It could be dangerous for you or the little one.." He sighed as he placed a hand on my few months old belly. I was six months ahead. We only got to know three months ago, and since then, Zeon has become more careful with me. He wouldn't let me do anything, and on top of that, the healer has told us that I am weak and it could hurt me or the baby of I am not taken care of. He has been silent and worried since then.

I am also scared that I might die during childbirth. It's common for the mothers to die after giving birth. I am afraid that I won't be able to see my little one.

"I am fine, Zeon. Trust me!" I told him he couldn't even smile, but he sighed and then placed a kiss on my forhead with so much love.

"I will cook for both of us, little one must be hungry." He said and went inside the kitchen. I was about to stand up and follow him when his curt voice paused me.

"Don't move!" He said, and I rolled my eyes but leaned back on the couch. I don't want to make it hard for him when I can see he is already so exhausted.

After some time, we laid down on the bed after having dinner. He was quiet then usual today, even though I am the one who always does the talking while he listens, but today he looked worried.

"Zeon..." I called him as I placed my head on his heart listening to his heartbeat. He started running his fingers in my hair and hummed.

"Is everything alright?" I asked him, his hand paused in its movement for a second, but then he continued running his hands in my hair.

"I.." He started but paused and exhaled heavily.

"I don't want to lose you, Faith. You are my only family." He said so softly that if I wasn't close, I wouldn't have heard. He is kind of a man who don't open their heart easily, so it was a shock for me to hear his worry.

"You won't lose me, I know you will protect me. I know you won't let anything happen to me." I said with a smile as I placed a kiss on his chest. He, in return, placed a kiss on my head.