26.

A man stood afar watching the other men to leave. He wanted to kill all of them with his own hands, but he knew that beast would want to do that, and also, his priority was to save her. He will deal with them later. It's a good thing that he followed them, knowing something is not right. As they left after making sure the house is on fire and the person inside is not going to live, they left.

He ran towards the house, he broke the window, and slid inside the house. The smoke was everywhere, making it difficult for him to see. He looks around the house in haste, looking for her. He walked towards the room in front of him.

In the haze of smoke, he made out a figure on the ground. His heart beat stopped as he thought the worse. He immediately ran towards her, and he placed his fingers under her nose to see if she was breathing. She was breathing, but it was slow... with a sigh, he scooped her in his arms and made his way towards the window.

He tried to protect her from the fire as much as he could. But the fire was all around them. He made his way outside with great difficulty burning himself in the process. He ran away from the house near the waterfall. He inspected her body for the wounds. Her arm was burned, his gaze stopped at her protruding belly, and something in his heart changed.

He tried to wake her up, but she wouldn't budge. He got scared, an emotion that he had long forgotten. He sat her on his horse and then sat beside her. He took her to the city to the physician in the hope that he would find Beast too there. He wasn't in the house, which meant he was in the city.

With one hand, he was holding the reigns, and with the other arm, he was holding her. She wasn't breathing properly, he doesn't want her to die... he couldn't let her die.

Once he reached the city, he asked a man about the physician. He went straight to his cabin and asked for help. The physician looked worried as he inspected the girl.

"If she die, then you die!" He threatened the physician who gulped in fear and started tending to her burn marks. He made her drink a medicine.

"She is fine... and the baby is fine, too. She will wake up after some time. There is no need to worry." The physician said, and the man sighed in relief. He sat beside her and grabbed her hand gently, but then he moved away, closing his eyes.

"She is not mine... she is...!" He stopped and looked away. He walked out of the room and gave some coins to the physician. The physician told him that she needed to take care of her and have rested as much as she could. Her injury isn't severe, but she had to take care of the burn mark for some days. The mark wouldn't go permanently, but with time, it will lighten.

He went inside the room and sat on a chair in the corner of the room. He wanted to go and find Beast, but he didn't want to leave her alone, so he waited for her to open her eyes.

....

After some time he heard a small groan and he ran towards her. The girl tried to sit up as she looked around the place.

"Zeon... where's zeon...?" She asked as she cried. She hadn't looked at him yet she was trying to stand up.

"Stop... what are you doing? You are injured!" He hissed at her, but when she flinched away from him, he felt bad. Her gaze fell on him, and she gasped.

"Serpent.. it's you?" She asked. He looked at her tears. He wanted to wipe those tears so bad, but he stopped himself from doing so.