22:Surprise...Again

Teresa's POV

"W-what?" I ask the pack doctor, sitting there in shock.

"I'll let you digest the news." She says, walking out of the room.

I sat there, staring blankly at the wall. It had been a week since Xavier proposed and I had been feeling really sick. I didn't tell Xavier because I didn't want him to worry. Now I wish he was here with me.

"I-I'm...I-I have." I couldn't finish the sentence. How was I gonna tell Xavier?

Xavier's POV

"Just make sure that the contract gets to the other pack." I say on the phone with the pack lawyer.

"Yes Alpha Xavier." He says as we hang up. I sigh and rub my temple. I hated my position. I mean, I love being Alpha and I love the pack; but I just miss Teresa. I have to go on all these business trips and even though I can and will, I still won't see here because I go too early and come back too late. I just want my Teresa.

"Xavier?" Teresa pops her head in.

"Teresa," I smile, pulling her into my lap as she comes closer. She giggles as I dip her and kiss her in my chair.

"We saw each other this morning Xavier." She says.

"I know but I still missed you. Being away from you for a couple hours is an eternity to me my love." I say sincerely.

"Well aren't you just a big flirt today?" She teases.

"Only for you." I say and she smiles but quickly turns serious.

"I-I have to talk to you tonight." I can hear her heart beating faster.

"Is something wrong?" I asked, worried.

"Everything's fine." She assures me. I take a hold of her hands and nuzzle her neck. She laughs. "Xavier! You know I'm ticklish!"

"Goddess, I love it when you say my name." I growl. She laughs even more.

"Okay, okay! You have to get back to doing Alpha things now! Just make sure that you're home at seven sharp." She tells me sternly.

"Yes ma'am." I mock salute her. She rolls her eyes and walks out. That girl is going to be the death of me.

!@#$%^&*()

"Honey I'm home!" I sing. I've always wanted to do that.

"In the backyard!" Teresa shouts. What's she doing out there? It's dark outside.