Chapter 25:Happy New Year!

Teresa's POV

"Mommy hurry up!  I wanna go!"  Carly whines as I put my earrings in.  It's New Year's Eve and we're getting ready to go to a party.  A kid-friendly party of course.  And we're actually kind of hosting it, not going to it.  The party's at the pack house and since Xavier and I are technically the Alpha and Luna even though we didn't have a ceremony yet, we're the hosts.  Our friends help us set up so now all we have to do is light the fireworks.  It's a tradition for our pack to set off fireworks every New Year's Eve.  We set it up so all the Alpha and Luna have to do is press five buttons and fireworks go off.  You'll see why there's five buttons when it's time.

"Mom!"  Emilia yells.

"Carly, go tell your everyone I'll be down in a minute."  I tell Carly.  She nods and runs downstairs.  I finish putting lip gloss and go downstairs.

"Finally! What took you so..."  Xavier trails off and gapes at me.  "Princess, y-you look beautiful."

"Thank you."  I blush then smirk.  I walk over to him and nibble on his ear then whisper, "maybe you can show me how beautiful you think I am later tonight."

"Kids in the room!"  Courtney exclaims while covering Carly's eyes.  I just giggle.

Xavier clears his throat, "okay,  the pack members should be coming in about ten minutes.  Is everything ready?"

"Yes Alpha."  Cortez mock salutes him.  Xavier playfully glares at him.

!#$%^&*()

Just as Xavier predicted,  almost the whole pack arrived ten minutes after.  Everything was a blur.  It's a good thing we had a kids section because in the adult section about half of us were drunk.

"Excuse me," Cole stumbles on stage, "I just wanna say, someone's car may or may or may not be on fire.  And that may or may not be the twins' fault."

"Hey!"  We hear the two drunken idiots shout.

"It's a ve-hi-cle  with four wheels and four doors.  It has windows and two side mirrors - well, one now."  He starts rambling until Maya comes on stage and drags him off.

"Well that was-"

"-My car!"  I get cut off by someone yelling.  Everyone laughs as the person runs out to their car.

"So Cole wasn't lying."  Xavier says, still laughing.  The party resumes after everyone stops laughing.  "Teresa, can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Of course, but only for a minute."  I joke and follow him to the backyard.

"So, what's your New Year's resolution."  Xavier asks me.

"Really?  That's what you wanted to talk about?"  I ask playfully.  He gives me a serious look.  "I guess, my resolution is to be happy."

He blinks, surprised.  "Are you not happy with me now?"

"No, no!  Of course I'm happy with you, I always am.  I just meant now that we're finally together, we can be happy.  As a family.  Everything's smooth sailing from here."  I explain.

"Good cause for a minute I thought... I don't wanna say it."  He looks down.

"You don't have to."  I lean into his arms.  I already knew what he was gonna say.  I thought I was gonna lose you.

"I love you."  He says.

"I love you too."  I smile at him.  "Now come on, it's almost time for the count down."

!#$%^&*()

We were now standing on the stage, behind the panel with the buttons for the fireworks.  Everyone was looking at the clock patiently.  Then it began.

"FIVE!"

Xavier presses the first button and a firework went off.

"FOUR!"

I press the second one and another firework goes off.

"THREE!"

Dustin presses this one then another goes off.

"TWO!"

Emilia presses the fourth one.  Another goes off.

"ONE!  HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

Carly presses the last one and multiple fireworks go off.  I kiss Xavier and we stumble off stage.

"Happy New Year."  I whisper to him.

"Happy New Year Princess."  He whispers back.  Then we get lost in each other,  happy to finally be together forever.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm rushing to post this at exactly midnight so sorry for the short chapter.  I'M COUNTING DOWN!  I LOVE YOU GUYS!  HAPPY NEW YEAR!