Chapter 24:The Kids and The Parents

Xavier's POV

I wake up and look to see Teresa by my side.  I smile and kiss her neck.  Today we pick up the kids.  I forgot to mention that I dropped them off at my parents' house for a while.  Teresa was to scared to see my parents again but this time she's coming.

"Morning."  Teresa whispers lovingly.

"We pick up the kids today."  I remind her and she shoots out of bed.  I sit up with concern.  "Be careful.  You're pregnant, something could've happened to you or our babies."

"Sorry babe.  I'll be more careful next time.  But we get to see our children today!"  She exclaims.  I grin when she says "our children" because our future is actually happening.  The future that I had been dreaming of ever since she left was actually happening.  I am one lucky bastard.

!#$%^&*()

The kids weren't getting picked up until evening so we spent most of the day talking, watching movies, and making love.  The last one was my favorite part but I also love talking to her.  I learned so many things about her.  I swear, this woman gets more perfect everyday.  Sadly, our day had to end, but now we get to see our kids.

We pull up to my parents' house in my car.  I refuse to let her drive alone or her motorcycle.  Even with me on it.  I'm not risking a car accident or a bike accident.  Hell, I'm barely okay with her walking by herself.  She convinced me to let her by saying that she would leave me until the babies were born.  Of course I agreed.

"I'm kind of nervous."  She lets out a shaky breath.

"Why?  My parents love you.  After they found out what I did my mom slapped me and my dad grounded me.  Not that I wanted to go anywhere after you left.  I was a wreck Teresa.  I spent every night for four years crying over you, wondering if you'll ever come back to me.  Or if the pack members would ever find where you were at."  I tell her.

"I know we'll make up for lost time.  And now we're picking up our kids from your parents.  Just like we've always wanted."  She kissed my cheek.  "Now c'mon.  I wanna see our children."

I smile as we walk in the house, hand in hand.

"MOMMY!"  Carly screams as she's picked up by Teresa.  I quickly grab Carly.

"Be careful.  Your siblings are in mommy's stomach."  I tell her.

"MOM!"  Emilia and Dustin run up to Teresa and hug her.  I smile as I watch the family reunion.

"Teresa Garcia?"  My mom asks in disbelief.

"Hi Mrs.Henderson."  Teresa greets, awkwardly smiles and looks down.

"Please, call me Sabrina."  Mom says, tightly wrapping her arms around my mate.  Teresa hugs back and looks at me with pleading eyes.

"Mom, you're suffocating here.  I can't lose her now that I have her back."  I say, pulling Teresa against me so her back is touching my chest.

"Sabrina!"  My dad yells, panicked.  He rushes into the room and sighs in relief when he sees mom.  He goes over to her and buries his head in her neck.  "Don't scare me like that."

He's always been this way, ever since I was little.  Now that I have Teresa I completely understand why.

"I was only gone for a couple minutes.  But you wouldn't know since you've been sleeping.  And we have guests."  She scolds.

My dad looks up at Teresa in shock.

"Xander, you remember Teresa, Xavier's mate."  Mom smiles at Teresa warmly.

"Nice to see you again, Teresa."  Dad nods at Teresa.

"Nice to see you too Mr.Henderson."  Teresa says.

"It's Xander to you."  Dad says playfully.  Teresa nods and smiles.

"Mom, can we go home now?"  Emilia asks.  Teresa looks at me for approval and I nod.

"Yes, c'mon.  We'll start getting in the car.  Xavier, you can stay and talk to your parents for a bit."  Teresa says.  I peck her on the lips.

"Kay Princess, I'll be out in five."  I tell her as she takes the kids to the car.  As soon as the door closes I turn to my parents.

"You're gonna have to tell her eventually."  Is the first thing my dad says to me.

I growl, "I'm not telling her anything.  She doesn't need any stress in her life right now; it's bad for the babies.  What she doesn't know won't hurt her."

"You're gonna end up regretting not telling her.  What happens if-"

"-if what?"  I cut my mom off.  "The only way she'd find out if she was by herself and she's never gonna be alone.  This isn't going to be a problem, alright?  My warriors will take care of it.  As far as she knows, nothing bad's happening and the note we found was just a prank, okay?"

They sigh and reluctantly nod.  Dad releases Mom and walks over to me.

"Just be careful son, okay?  I've been in your position before and your mate can slip from right under your knows.  She could be left alone for a couple a seconds and the next thing you know she's gone."  Mom walks over to him and hugs him.

Before I was born, Mom was taken away by some rogues that wanted an Alpha's child to grow up to be their leader.  Mom just so happened to be an Alpha Female and Dad was Alpha so two Alphas made the strongest children.  They wanted my parents to give me to them but my parents refused.  Their solution?  Kidnap my mom.  Dad searched for Mom for a solid two months before finding her in some old hidden cabin by a lake.  He was right on time too because the second she was admitted into the hospital, she went into labor.  Ever since Dad has been so over protective of Mom to this day.  Hence what happened earlier.

I nod at my parents and get into the car.

"Hey Princess."  I kiss Teresa on the cheek as I buckle my seat belt.

"Hey babe, you weren't in there long."  Teresa says curiously.

"Yeah, not much to talk about.  Just the usual exchanges, you know."  I quickly lie.  Teresa nods and starts talking to our children.

As happy as I am for our future that's happening, I can't help but worry about Teresa.  I can't lose her again.  I won't let that happen.  Even if I have to die protecting her.