Chapter 8:Help From The Kids

Terry's POV

"Mommy!  Mommy!  You're home!" Carly screams and jumps in my arms as I get out of Xavier's car.

"Hey baby!  Did you have a fun time with the pack kids?" I ask.

"Yeah!  Ricky and I played with Holly and Billy!  We got married!" Carly exclaims and shows me her candy ring.

"That's nice honey." I laugh.  From the corner of my eye I see Xavier staring at me.  I just brush it off.

"MOM!" I hear Dustin and Emilia yell.

"OMGOMGOMGOMGDUSTINTOTALLYKISSEDSUMMERTODAY!" Emilia yells.

"Huh?" I ask.

"Dustin-" Dustin slaps a hand over her mouth.

"I did nothing." Dustin says, glaring at Emilia.  I pry his hands off of Emilia's mouth and look at her expectantly.

"Dustin kissed Summer Winters!" Emilia exclaims.  I stare at her, wide eyed and gaping.  Then I turn to Dustin.

"Are you mad?" Dustin asks, sheepishly.

"Are you kidding me?!  Of course I'm mad!  How could you not tell me you liked Summer Winters?!" I scream.

"What?" He asks confused.

"MY BABY'S GROWING UP!" I yell and squeeze him.  Once I release him, I do the most embarrasing dance.  I grab my leg, start hopping on 1 foot, and then I put a hand behind my head and start bending it, in and out.  The kids start screaming at me to stop and Xavier busrts out laughing.

"CAN'T TOUCH THIS. DA NA NA NA!  CAN'T TOUCH THIS!  DA NA NA NA!" I start screaming/singing.  The kids eventually start laughing and I stop.  I run upstairs and jump on my bed.  I get under the covers and blackness takes over.

Xavier's POV

After Terry runs up, I'm left with her kids glaring at me.

"Can you help me?" I ask.

"Why would we help you?" Emilia asks.

"Because I love your mom." I respond.

"Yeah right." Dustin says.

"YOU HURT MY MOMMY!" Carly screams.

"I know, and I regret it very much.  I wanna make it up to her." I say.

"Why should we trust you to not hurt her?" Emilia asks.

"You shouldn't," I sigh, "but I just want her to be happy.  I will make sure to make her happy the rest of her life."

"AW!" Emilia and Carly squeal.

"I still don't trust you, but my sisters do so okay." Dustin says.

"Thank you!  Okay,I need you to tell me some stuff about her." I say.

"Her favorite color is dark purple, her favorite food is fries and ketchup, she loves all music, she'll never be full, she's a sucker for romance, and she likes dressing up." Emilia says really fast.

"She also likes being special." Carly adds.

"Awesome!  Thanks.  Do you think she'd say yes if I asked her out on a date?" I ask.

"NO!" They all shout at the same time.  I get a confused look on my face.

"You need to make it up to her first.  Little things." Dustin gives me a 'duh' look.  I give them a greatful smile and run to my office.  I will win her heart if it's the last thing I do.