Chapter 9:The Date

Terry's POV

"IMMA KILL YA NOW BITCHES!" I scream as I stomp outside.  Joe and Jimmy run ro hide behind Diego and Cole.

"Woah woah woah, what happened here?" Julio asks as a crowd forms around us.

"These bitches ate my fries!" I yell.

"Are you serious?" Maya asks.

"Hold up, she's right.  No one should ever steal her fries." Cole says.

"I tried once and I ended up with a broken hand." Diego says.  I try to run around Cole and Diego to Jimmy and Joey but Courtney, Valarie, Maya, Olivia, and Kayla hold me back.

"Chill girl!" Olivia exclaims.

"NO LET ME AT THE MOTHA F***AHS!" I yell.  I feel someone put their hand on my shoulder and judging from the sparks, I'd say it's Xavier.

"Calm down Terry, don't do anything you'll regret," he whispers.  The girls hand me over to him and I start to relax as I feel my heartbeat go down.  I melt into Xavier as the crowd disappears.

"Dude, how'd you get her to calm down so fast?" Courtney asks, wide eyed.

"I'm her mate." Xavier shrugs.  The others look at me expectantly.  I look at them weirdly.

"You're not going to object?" Kayla asks.

"I'm not up for a fight today." I say.

"That's not what you said a couple minutes ago." Jimmy and Joey say.

"Shut up dweebs." I glare at them and they put their hands in the air.  I roll my eyes and storm back into the house.

Xavier's POV

"Well that was very entertaining." Valarie says.

"Extremely." Julio agrees.

"I gotta ask, how are you guys mates?" Maya asks.

"What do you mean?"Julio asks.

"Valarie is twenty seven and you are twenty five.  The guy is either older or the same age as his mate." Maya states.

"I agree that's strange, but I assure you, we are mates." Julio says.

"Actually...." Valarie trails off.  We look at her weirdly.  "Julio is not my first mate, he is my second.  Somehow, I am his first.  My first mate was killed by hunters.  He was also Gamma in our pack."

"How is that possible?  To have a second mate, something has to have happened with your first mate." Cole says.

"Well no shit sherlock." Kayla rolls her eyes.

"Isn't Terry's birthday today?" I ask.

"OH MY DAMN!  I AM THE WORST BESTIE EVER!" Courtney screams.

"How do you know that?" Cortez glares at me.

"I may have been heartless but I still payed attention.  She was in my pack for sixteen years." I say with a 'duh' look.

"Well what are we gonna do?" Maya panicks.

"I was actually planning something already." I say.  They all look at me expectantly.  "I wanna take her out on a date."

"Like Hell you are!" Diego exclaims, walking torwards me.  Kayla and Cortez hold him back.

"You know you have to ask her first, right?  I doubt she'll agree." Olivia says.

"Never underestimate the power of mates." I grin and make my way torwards her room.  I knock on the door.

"Come in!" Terry calls.  I walk in and see her, sitting on her bed, playing on her phone.  She looks up at me and asks, "how can I help you?"

"You, me, dinner.  Tonight at seven, be ready." I tell her.

"I am not going on a date with you." Terry states.

"It's not a date.  It's me taking you out for your birthday." I say.

"Holy shit!  It's my birthday!" Terry exclaims.

"Yeah, be ready."  I say and walk out the door before she can object.

Terry's POV

WHAT DO I WEAR?!

!@#$%^&*()

Okay, so I think I'm good.  I'm weraing a black bandage dress wth a blue belt.  I have a smokey eye and red lipstick.

"Knock knock!" Xavier's voice calls out.

"Come in!" I laugh.  The door opens and he leans against the frame.

"You look beautiful.  Oh!  Um...these are for you." Xavier pulls out a bouquet of my favorite flowers.  Red roses and the lily of the valley.

"Thank you!" I exclaim and take the roses.

"Shall we?" Xavier asks, holding out an arm for me.

"We shall." I smile, taking his arm.

!@#$%^&*()

"Where are we going?" I ask for the hundreth time.

"It's a surprise." Xavier smirks and I sigh.

"Pretty please!" I beg.

"Nope!" He says, popping the 'p'.  "We're here anyways so quit your whining."

Before I can open the car door, he comes around the car and opens it for me.  I silently chuckle and get out of the car.  When I see where we are, I gasp.  There's a candle light dinner set up near the ocean on the beach.

"It's beautiful." I breath.

"You like it?" Xavier asks.

"I love it.  I haven't been to the beach in such a long time!  My mom and dad would always take Maya, Julio, and me.  It was so much fun." I tell him as I sit down.

"I should take you more often then.  How about we get to know each other more?  You know since my Beta's sister is your Gamma's...uh, scratch that."  Xavier says awkwardly.

I laugh, "what's your favorite color?"

"Chocolate brown, the color of your eyes." Xavier responds.  I blush.  "Of course, the actual color doesn't have that beautiful twinkle you get in your eyes when your excited."

"Well aren't you a charmer?"

"Yes, yes I am.  What;s your favorite song?"

"I have a lot of favorte songs."

"What's your favorite romantic song?"

"The Way You Look Tonight by Tony Bennet, although, I also like the Frank Sinatra version."

"Ah, nice choice."

We keep asking each other questions for the rest of the night.  I learned we have a lot in common.  Right now, we're laying down on a towel, looking at the stars.  All of a sudden, fireworks go off.  I look over at Xavier with the question in my eyes.  He nods and smiles.  I smile back at him and kiss his cheek then lay back down.

Xavier's POV

I put my hand to the cheek where she kissed me as she looks up at the fireworks going off.  I smile to myself and my wolf goes crazy.  I think I just got one step closer to making her mine.  She is already mine but I need to make her want to be mine.  Stupid complications.  She will fall in love with me.  In time.  Just wait and see, because I'll get her to love me even if it's the last thing I do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiya!  So. there's a pic of Terry in her dress on the side.  I thought I'd add just a little XavierxTerry moment for you.