Chapter 5:Your Second Mate Is Who Now?

Terry's POV

We've been at the Red Woods Pack for a week now and it's been okay.  Maya, Julio, Emilia, and I have grown closer.  It's funny, Dustin knows what they did to me and he totally beat up Julio.  That's my boy.  Dustin's alway's been a mommy's boy and Emilia's daddy's girl.  Carly is my little girl and I'm so glad it's that way because Cole couldn't raise a girl.  Cole is so protective of Emilia.  One time, she told me she had a crush on this boy named William and Cole threatened William thatif he ever came near Emilia again, William would never be able to walk again.  He scared the poor kid shitless.  This was when they were 8 years old.  Even though that happened she's still a daddy's girl.  We're having a party tonight and we're getting ready.  Dustin's in Julio's room with Cole and Emilia, Carly, Maya, and I are in our room.  Maya's dressing Carly and I'm getting Emilia ready.

"Mom, so you think any of the boys will think I'm pretty?" Emilia asks me.

"They'll think you're beautiful honey." I reply.  Emilia is in a purple sundress and pink flats.  I did her makeup.  Natural eyeshadow and pink lipgloss.

"Thanks mom!"  Emilia exclaims as I finish her side braid.  "You look really pretty too."

I'm in a black sundress, cropped jean jacket, purple wedges, and sunglasses.  My makeup is a golden bronze eyeshadow with red lipstick.  I look over to see Carly in a white jumper with some blue and pink zig zag lines on the neckline and waist.  She also has a little beach hat.  Adorable!  And Maya looks awesome with her blue sundress, sunglasses, and blue wedges.  She gave herself blue eyeshadow and clear glitter gloss.

"Everyone ready?" Maya asks.

"Yeah yeah yeah!  Let's go let's go let's go!" Carly yells.  Maya and I laugh as Emilia nods eagerly.  We go downstairs and see the boys ready.  We all go out and see kids running, adults talking, and teenagers flirting.  Okay then.  I look over to where Xavier is standing to see him surrounded by bleached blonde barbie sluts.  Figures.  My wolf growls but then I calm her down.

'He's not worth it, we're engaged to Cole.' I tell my wolf, Felicia.

'Cole is not our mate.' Felicia states.

'But he's treated better than our mate.' I snap.

She shuts up after that because she knows I'm right.  I look over to Cole and see him smiling down at me.  I give him a peck on the cheek then go over to where the twins are.

"Hey Joe, hey Jim!" I exclaim.

"Hey Terr-bear." They say back in unison.  I used to think twins saying things in unison and finishing each other's scentences were fake.  Until I met them.

"I met my mate." Joey blurts out.

"WHAT?!" Jimmy and I yell at him.

"Her name is Olivia White." He tells us.

I remember Olivia.  She was probably the closest thing I could call a friend.  She didn't stand up for me or anything, but she would help me clean up my wounds and maybe sneak Emilia and I some extra food.

"I know her, she's really sweet." I say.

"Good, because she's now my girlfriend and she's coming over right now."  Joey nods in her direction.

"Hi!  I'm Olivia!" Olivia introduces herself to me and Jimmy,

"You know, you could do much better than my brother." Jimmy says and Joey whacks him on the back of his head.  I laugh.

"Hey Livi, it's me, Terry." I say.

"Oh my god!  Hi Terry!  It's been so long!" She exclaims.

"I know!  What's been going on with you?" I ask.

"You know same old same old.  Joey over here is my mate.  He talks about you a lot.  Were you or are you a couple or anything?" Olivia asks.

Joey and I share a disbelieving look.  Joey and I start gagging while Jimmy bursts out laughing.

"Me...and...Joey?!  No way..nuh uh...never in a million years!" I exclaim.

"She's like my sister!  I would never date my sister!" Joey adds.

Olivia looks relieved then starts chuckling, "sorry, I must've sunded really jealous and stupid."

"It's okay, I know mates are supposed to be jealous and stupid and protective." I say.  I give Jimmy a look that says 'let's leave so we don't have to see them make out' and he nods.  "Well we'll leave you two love birds alone."

They nod and go off.  I go to find Courtney but she's probably making out with Cortez.  Diego is who knows where, and Jimmy went...well, he went in the opposite direction.  Cole is watching the kids so that leaves me with Maya and Julio.  We aren't that close but I guess we could use 'sibling bonding time' or whatever shit,  I start heading to the bathroom but someone pins me to the wall.  Judging by the sparks, I'm gonna say it's Xavier.

"Shouldn't you be off with one of the bleached blonde barbie bimbos?" I ask.

"Shouldn't you be with your loser fiance?" Xavier retorts.

"He's not a loser!" I defend.

"Why would you want a third in command when you could have a first in command?" Xavier asks.

"Because the third in command was there for me when I needed him." I whisper.  Xavier's gaze softens.

"I will get you back Teresa Rosalina Garcia." Xavier says.

"I'm engaged now Xavier, you're too late."

"It's not over until someone says 'I do' and I won't let it get that far."

"Can you let me go now, please?"

"No, I like it like this."

"But-"

"Nope."

"GOD DAMN IT XAVIER CHARLES HENDERSON!  I NEED TO TAKE A F***ING PISS!"

He laughs and lets me go.  I run into the bathroom and slam the door behind me.

!@#$%^&*()

After the party I crash in Maya's room because I can't let the kids see me wasted.  Cole somehow managed to stay sober.

"Terry, you still up?" Maya asks in a hushed tone.

"Yeah, I'm up." I whisper back.  She sits up and I do too. She looks at me sadly.  "What's wrong Maya?"

"I found my mate." She says.

"So?  That's a good thing." I say.  She's 2 years older than me and she's been looking for a mate for so long.  Julio is 3 years older than her and he still hasn't found his mate.

"He rejected me!" She exclaims then starts crying I hug her and console her.

"Why wold he reject you?  You're beautiful." I say.

"He said I was too much of a slut.  But that's not all.  I found him last year.  I found my second mate and he rejected me too!" She sobs.

"Who are these bastards?  I'll kick their sorry asses!" I exclaim.

She laughs sadly, "the first one, I don't know where he is.  The second one, I can't tell you."

"Who would reject their second mate!  I have to kick his ass.  Who is he?" I ask through clenched teeth.

"I don't think-"

"Who is the little motherf***er?" I ask.

"Cole.  My second mate is Cole and he rejected me because he has a perfect life with you."

At those words my heart stops.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG!  What?!  Okay, yeah.  That might be cliche but I like cliche.  Anyways, the cast has been changing so sorry about that.  I've just been trying to find the right people.  There's a pic of Maya on the side.