Chapter 7:The Club Scene

Terry's POV

Maya and Cole are a happy couple now.  Yes, I did have feelings for him.  But those went away when I found out he was Maya's second mate.  Second mates are very rare because being rejected by your mate is rare too.  I'm a special case.  If you're mate dies you're likely to die soon after.  So therefore, second mates are rare.  They got together last month.  So much has happened since then.  We moved our pack house down the street from the Red Woods pack house because Maya refused to be so far away from the place where she grew up.  Diego found his mate, Kayla.  And Julio found his mate, Valarie.  That leaves me and Jimmy.  Jimmy doesn't want to give up his player life style but when he finds her, he won't let her out of his sight.  The mate bond is hard to resist.  Again, I am a special case.  Even if he does plan on rejecting her, I will make sure he doesn't.  Kayla, Courtney, Valarie, Olivia, Maya and I are now best friends even though Valarie is 27 and we make her feel old.  We started a band.  Funny, huh?  Courtney is on the keyboard, Maya is on the drums, Olivia is the back up singer with a violin, trumpet, or tamborine, and Valarie and Kayla are on guitar.  I'm the lead singer.  I play the piano and the guitar, but I had the best voice.  We do covers and post them on Youtube.  Nothing special.  But we do karaoke at our favorite club, Flashing Lights, every Friday night.  We're kind of famous there.

"MOM!" Dylan and Emilia yell.  I rush downstairs.

"What's wrong?!" I ask, worried.

"Well, Carlywasupsetaboutthedivorcesoshestartedcryingthenranawayoutthedoor." Emilia says.

"Huh?" I ask.

"Carly was upset about the divorce and ran away." Dylan says.  As soon as he finishes that sentence I run out the door.

"CARLY!  CARLY!  CARLS!  LY!  CARLY!" I scream.  I start sniffing the air and follow Carly's scent.  I find her curled up in a ball, crying by the river.  "Carly, what's wrong?"

"You and da-Cole don't love each other anymore." She sniffles.  I collect her in my lap and hug her.

"We still love each other very much, but not in the same way.  You see, the mate bond is very hard to ignore." I tell her.

"What's a mate?" Carly asks.

"A mate, my dear, is someone who will love you unconditionally.  The person will treat you like royalty and stick by your side no matter what." I explain.

"So Auntie Maya is da-Uncle Cole's mate?" Carly asks.

"Yes, and one day, when you're sixteen or older, you will have one too." I say.

"Cool!  When am I old enough to turn into a doggy?" She asks.

I laugh, "you mean a wolf?  You'll be able to turn into a wolf when you're about 10-16 years old.  Unless you're an early shifter like Emilia."

"I wanna be an early shifter!" Carly exclaims.  I smile at her and pick her up.  We go back to the pack house and she takes a nap while I get ready for the club with the girls.  I'm glad training is over.  We usually train packs for a month then go back home.  Now home is right across the street from Maya's place.  She and Cole live apart but she's thinking about moving in.

!@#$%^&*()

After we're finished we look awesome!

I have a sparkly midnight blue spaghetti strap dress that goes down to mid thigh.  Kayla has a strapless metallic silver dress that falls above her knees.  Courtney is in a brown sleeveless jumper with a gold belt that goes to mid thigh.  Valarie is in a black dress that's hard to describe.  Maya is in a runched one shouldered red dress.  Olivia is in a pink straplees dress with a floral pattern.  Our makeup matches our dresses.