Chapter 17:I Hope You Can Forgive Me

Teresa's POV

"Where are you taking me?" I ask, exasperated and a little worried.  When we were at the ice cream shop the scream wasn't anyone we knew's.  It was just a 'fake' cashier breaking a nail if you know what I mean.  I'm still worried about rogues though.  I always feel like someone's watching me.

"I told you, it's a surprise.  Just wait a little longer my love." Xavier says.  My eyes tear up a little, thank goodness my blindfold was covering my eyes.  My mom used to call my dad 'my love' when he got restless.  That might be where Xavier got it from.

"You can take off the blindfold now." Xavier says.  I undo the knot and gasp as I see where we are.

"Ek!  Thank you thank you thank you!" I squeal as I run into my old favorite arcade.  I hadn't been here in ages!  The last time I came was with my family.  I immediately run over to Street Fighters and pick Chun-Li.  My favorite game with my favorite character!  I hear Xavier chuckle and walk up to me.  He picks Blanka and we start fighting.  I, of course, win.

"Damn you're good at this game!" Xavier exclaims.

"Well, I did spend most of my childhood playing the game." I say.  I run over to Miss Pac-Man.  After that I play that dance game with Xavier then we just start playing random games.

!@#$%^&*()

"Thank you so much for bringing me here!" I say as I get in the car.

"It was just the arcade.  Hey, wanna get dinner?" Xavier asks.

"Sure." I say.

"Okay, what do you wanna get?" Xavier asks.

"MICKEY D'S!" I shout.  Xavier laughs.

"I swear, my mate is a ten year old," he groans.

"But a very attractive ten year old." I smirk, trying not to laugh.

"The sexiest ten year old." Xavier says and I burst out laughing.

"Wow, who knew my mate was a pedo." I say in between laughs.  He realizes what he says and flushes red.

"Haha, very funny.  Let's just go." Xavier grumbles.  He starts the car and we go to McDonalds.  After that we go home.  When we enter the house, everyone rushes to us.

"Terry!  Xavier!  Come here!  You have to see this!" Diego exclaims.  Courtney drags me and Julio drags Xavier.

"Chill!  What's the big deal?" I ask.  They remain silent.  Maya gives me an already opened envelope.  I take out the paper inside.

I hope you can forgive me.

"Okay, this IS a bit confusing and creepy, but what's the big deal?" I ask.

"Teresa," she starts.  Oh no, she only calls me Teresa when something's wrong.  "There was no address on the envelope."

"It could be some kids playing a prank." I say, still getting scared.

"There was no scent either and everyone has a scent." Valarie points out.

"Maybe they just didn't want to get caught." My voice starts to shake.

"It takes years, sometimes decades, to master covering up your scent." Cortez says.  I gulp.

"Okay then, who do you think it was?" I ask.

"We have no clue.  We were thinking about joining packs just in case." Cole says.

"What?  Who would be Alpha then?" I ask incredulously.

"Xavier." Diego says.

"What?" Xavier asks with wide eyes.  He was quiet up until now.  "Why me?  You're the white wolf, not me."

"I don't want to be Alpha anymore." Diego says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Im pregnant." Kayla pipes up.  We all look at her and Diego and wide eyes.  After we get over the initial shock, we congratulate them.  "Thanks, but can we get back on topic?"

"Yeah." Olivia agrees.

"Okay, are we joining packs then?" Joey asks.

"We really should." Jimmy says.  I look at Xavier and he nods.

"Let's do this," he says.