Chapter 2

Jordyn POV

-Knock- -Knock-

I open my eyes to the sound of constant knocking at my bedroom door.

I reach for my phone that is lying on the nightstand to see what time it is. As I click the side button, I see multiple text messages from
Logan pops up.

I unlock my phone and go straight to his messages.

Logan: I need to talk to you
Logan: Why is your door locked?
Logan: Let me in
Logan: Knock Knock
Logan: Who's There?
Logan: Your son you abandoned

I set my phone down, shaking my head.

"What on earth?" I mumble.

"What's wrong babe?" Paige rolls over.

I look at her as I get out of bed. "I'm not sure. I'll be right back. Logan wants to talk."

I grab my clothes that are sprawled out on the floor. I pulled on a pair of shorts and threw on a sweatshirt that was on the ground by the closet.

I walk over to our bedroom door to unlock it. I open the door quietly. As I try to slip out, Logan tries to push his way in our room.

"Stop." I tell him as I push him out. "Paige is sleeping as should you be."

I get him back and close the door.

I walk to the kitchen with Logan. I hit the lights so I can see him.

"Logan, what the hell?" I questioned him right away. "It's three in the morning."

I look at my son and see his eyes are completely bloodshot.

"Are you drunk?"

"No mom." He acts annoyed by me asking. "I will be tomorrow. Well, I guess tonight." He starts laughing.

"You need to be quiet." I whisper and shout at him. "Your mom and sister are sleeping."

"NO ONE CARES!" He shouts.

I smack my hand over his mouth. "Are you high?" I sniff the air. I don't smell weed or alcohol coming from him. Something must be affecting his behavior.

"I'll tell you the truth if you make me a sandwich." Logan gives a tooth eating grin.

Unbelievable.

I grab two pieces of bread and pull-out lunch meat from the fridge. I flopped the sandwich down in front of him.

"Happy?" I questioned.

He picks it up and takes a bite. "B for effort mom." He scarfed the sandwich down in seconds. "I had an edible at Cody's."

"Logan!"

"Jordyn!" He mocks me.

I take a deep breath trying not to overreact right now. "Why did you want me to come home early tonight? I got home and you weren't here. Why were you knocking at our bedroom door at three in the morning?"

"I was hungry is the reason why I was knocking." He has the audacity to say. "I wanted you to come home to see if you would show up if I needed you."

"I did come home, Logan." I take a seat beside him at the kitchen island. "I'm always here for you no matter what. It's very frustrating that you ask me to come home, then completely ignore me when I get here."

Logan stands up. He goes over to the pantry and grabs a bag of chips. As he returns sitting, he is shoving a handful of chips in his mouth, most of them missing his mouth and hitting the floor.