Chapter 7

Paige POV

"Babe." Jordyn was the first to break the day of no talking between us. "Can we please talk? I didn't mean to say those words."

I closed my laptop as I was working in my office at home. I have been trying to distract myself as much as possible since Caitlin isn't home, and Logan has not come out of his room.

"How could you say those words Jordyn?" I stare at my wife, still hurt by her comment. "My dad died by suicide, and you are afraid Logan is going to turn out like him?"

She takes a seat in front of the desk. "Paige, I didn't mean how I worded what I said the other night. Logan has been showing a lot of erratic behaviors lately unexpectedly. I was overwhelmed by everything. Your dad shut everyone out around him. He was hurting, but never let anyone know. He needed help. Logan needs help. There is something going on."

I know my wife. I know she didn't mean it. It doesn't mean hearing it didn't hurt. The moment of time didn't help either.

"What do you think we should do?" I stand up and walk over to the side of the desk Jordyn is on. I lean against it while looking at her.

Jordyn grabs my hand. "I can talk to my dad to see if we can get him to talk to the school counselor once a week or more to start. If that doesn't help, we need to branch out and do something more serious."

I pull Jordyn up. "Okay baby." I kiss her lips. "I'm sorry I was upset with you."

"I'm sorry I made you upset." She kisses my lip. "Can I make it up to you, tonight?"

I wrap my arms around her lower back letting my hands run down. "If you don't, you will be sleeping on the couch again." My hands stop and squeeze her ass.

"Oh?" She flickers her eyebrow. "I think we both could fit on the couch."

I give my wife an unfortunate frown. "There is an issue with that thinking. I don't think we should let Logan go out tonight. He needs to be punished."

She sighs. "I know. I should go talk to him."

"Are you sure you want to do the talking?"

Jordyn nods. "I want to attempt. He keeps calling me Jordyn and saying I'm not his mom. If I send you, it's letting him win, I feel like."

"Okay babe." I give her a kiss on the forehead.

She pulls my hand to follow her. "I said I'm doing the talking. You are still coming just in case."

Jordyn POV

"Logan." I bang on my son's door. "You need to come downstairs so we can talk."

I jiggle his doorknob and it's still locked. I start knocking again.

"Logan!" I shout louder.

"What do you want Jordyn?" He appears in his doorway.

I take a deep breath. "I want you to get downstairs, now."

"Why should I listen to you? You aren't my real mom." He keeps using this to attack me. "Go get Mama P, she is the only one I will listen to."

I look down the hall where Paige is standing. I nod for her to walk over.

Paige replaces me and I walk down the stairs. This is really doing a number on my stress level.

About three minutes later, Logan and Paige enter the living room.

"What do you want?" Logan flops on the couch. "I have a New Year's party to get ready for."

I turn to Paige for her to talk knowing he isn't going to listen to me even though I told her I wanted to take control.