Chapter 10

Peyton POV

"Are you sure it's safe for you to go?" My dad questions as I walk to our front door with my bag. "It makes me nervous that five young girls will be gone for a weekend without an adult."

Why is he doing this now? I am sure he is concerned, but I am not stupid. "Dad, I am sure we will be fine. Enjoy the weekend of the house to yourself. I am sure you won't be lonely."

He gives me a hug before I head out to Halie's Jeep. I put my bag in the back then take the front seat as I am the first to be picked up.

"Hey." I said to my friend. "Are you ready for this kind of entertainment?"

Halie starts driving. "The concert?"

I shake my head. "No. Obviously I know you are excited for that. I'm talking about our girlfriends being forced to be near each other."

I direct Halie to Katie's house to pick her up next.

"McKenna and I are not dating." Halie states.

"Okay, but you like her." Before she had a chance to lie and deny it, I continued. "Did McKenna tell you anything about Caitlin?"

Halie's dimple shows as she speaks. "Do you mean how she had a sex dream about her? Did she really tell you about it?"

A laugh escapes my lip. "No, she told Caitlin, but not about who. I had to tell Caitlin it was about her after she told me everything that happened. Nevertheless, those two are very awkward around each other right now."

She pulls into Katie's driveway. Katie walks out and we continue our chat.

"How do we get them to stop acting weird around each other?" She looks at me with questioning eyes.

"Hey, I'm Katie." Katie introduces herself to Halie as she gets in. Halie turns to her as she greets her. "You have amazing eyes."

"Thanks." Halie is probably used to hearing that compliment. She really does have pretty eyes. "So, back to my question. How do we get them back to normal around each other."

I go to say something when Katie cuts in. "Are you talking about Caitlin and McKenna?"

"Yeah, have you noticed they are awkward around each other?" I question Katie since she sees them at school.

"Uh, yeah." She says which causes me to smack Halie's arm to prove my point.

"They are going to have to kiss it out." Halie suggests, causing my heart to jump. "I think that is the only way for them to stop overthinking their tension."

Katie is in the backseat laughing.

I ignore her laugh. "It won't bug you if McKenna kisses Caitlin?"

"McKenna and I aren't in a relationship." Halie repeats from earlier. "But no, because I think she needs to, so she stops thinking about the dream she had. McKenna kissing Caitlin won't change anything with how she is with me."

"Wait, hold up." Katie leans in between the front seats. "McKenna and Halie are a thing?"

I look at my friend driving. "Yeah Halie, are you?"

"We are friends."

"She says with a guilty smile." Katie is quickly comfortable around Halie. "So, Peyton, are you going to let your girlfriend kiss her best friend?"

Halie shoots the smile I just gave her back at me as she pulls up to McKenna's. "Yeah Peyton, are you?"

My eyes go to McKenna who is coming this way. "Let's see how they are on this drive. Who knows, maybe they will be fine."