Chapter 14

McKenna POV

"Shhh." Halie's hand covers my mouth with one hand as she thrust me with her other.

My teeth clinch on her skin as I am about to hit my climax and she is keeping me from expressing how good it feels.

A couple stronger pumps of her finger in me with her thumb massaging me and I lost it.

My body drops back to my bed as Halie removes her hand, setting it on my stomach. She also releases her hand from my mouth.

"You were very sensitive this time around." She finds enjoyment in how easy it was for her to get me to orgasm.

I roll on my side. "Maybe you know my body that well already."

She leans in and kisses my nose. "I think you get off on the thought of getting caught. You are a bad girl."

"Oh, you think that's what it is?" I throw my leg over her. "Let's see how it is with you."

Halie grabs my hips firmly. "Babe, you can kiss on me from the waist up all you want, but access is denied below. Mother Nature is visiting."

"Oh my god." I groan as I drop my body on hers. "I wanted to taste you. It feels like it's been forever."

Her cute laugh fills my ear. "It's been less than a week."

"Exactly, too long." I went to kiss her lips. She kissed me, but the kisses were short. "What are you doing?"

"I think we need to talk about it." Halie pushes on my shoulder to roll me off her. "Since Saturday with everything that happened, you have been replacing conversations with making out and sex."

I count how many nights it's been since then. It's now Wednesday. "What's the problem with that?"

"McKenna. Let's be mature."

I huff as I roll on my mattress. I find my sweatshirt that is on the floor throwing it on also with my shorts. I turn my nightstand light on so I can see her better.

"If you want to have a conversation with me then you need to be honest too." I hit back at her with the mature comment she wants to make.

"I am always honest." Halie sits up. "I do, however, avoid talking about things when I don't want to."

"Exactly." I speak. "What is the conversation you want to have?"

She takes my hand in hers. "How do you feel about the summer situation?"

"Do you mean you are going off to be with your ex-girlfriend?" I annoyingly laugh. "I'm sure that will end up going great."

Halie's chest rises and falls. "You think something will happen with Peyton and me?"

"I do." I answer honestly. "Did you not enjoy making out with her Saturday? If you avoid answering, don't dare, ask me another question."

She taps the side of my hand with her fingers that she is holding. "The kiss brought back feelings I thought I was over. There has always been something different about Peyton. That's why when we broke up and still hooked up as much as we did, I was okay with it."

"Because it made you feel like you were still with her even though you weren't communicating with her."

She shrugs. "Yeah, maybe. I'm sorry. I honestly thought nothing was there anymore or I finally moved on."

The crazy thing is that a month ago, I would be livid. Now, I'm not. My feelings for Halie haven't changed. It's just something else has changed or has come back.