Chapter 23

McKenna POV

It's Sunday night and I'm still at the Chancellor's house. My parents have been blowing my phone up, so I eventually shut it off.

I don't want to go home, but I'm sure when this movie is over, I'll have to go. I'm currently sitting on the couch with Caitlin cuddled up next to me. Jordyn and Paige are on the love seat while Logan is sprawled out on the floor.

It's dark in here as they have their shades and curtains shut as well as all the lights off. We are watching Top Gun Maverick.

I was trying to concentrate on the movie, but I couldn't. My mind was not wanting to. Not only with the uncertainty of what is going on at home, but Caitlin's hand is under my shirt. Her fingers are slowly moving back and forth along my stomach muscles causing chills through my body.

"Caitlin." I whisper against her ear to not bring any eyes on us. "You need to stop doing that. It's driving me crazy."

She stops her fingers moving. She rests her hand on my stomach as she turns her head, so her eyes meet mine.

"Do you know what is even happening in the movie?"

I move my head back and forth. "No clue."

"Me either." She leans in slowly. "Do you think my parents or brother will notice if I kiss you?"

"Yes." My eyes went to Logan who said that from the floor. "Caitlin, you aren't very good at whispering."

I look back at Caitlin who I'm sure has red cheeks, but I can't tell in the dark.

"Now they know." I quietly say. "Are you going to do it or chicken out?"

Caitlin takes my bottom lip between hers. I smile into the kiss. She pulls back a little then reconnects her lips to mine. Both of us open our mouths as our tongues make their way to each other but stop as we hear a throat clear.

"Girls." Paige speaks out. "If you aren't going to watch the movie and are going to make out the whole time, you should go upstairs."

"Paige!" Jordyn quickly protests. "Don't encourage them to ditch family movie time."

I laugh in amusement at the two's banter.

"Do you want to continue to watch the movie and hear their lips smack back and forth?" Paige fires back causing a groan from Logan on the floor.

As hard as this is to say, I say it anyway. "We are going to watch the movie. There will be no lip smacking."

I hear a sad sigh from Caitlin. I'd rather make out with her, but I don't want us isolating ourselves from her family while they are all doing something together. In the end, it would be blamed on me I bet.

Caitlin sits back in her spot. I readjust myself as I put my head in her lap. As I curl up on my seat in a ball, instinctively one of her arms goes around my body and her other hand starts running through my hair. This feels nice.

"Do you know what was nice about watching that movie?" Logan pops up to his feet. "All of you are gay so I didn't have to hear annoying comments when Miles Teller did the scene everyone has been talking about."

I roll my eyes at him as he turns the lights on. "McKenna isn't fully gay." Caitlin comments. "She is bisexual."

"Yeah, okay." Logan chuckles loudly as he walks off.

After my eyes adjust to the light, I see I have three sets of eyes on me.

"Ugh, hi." I nervously scan each one of them. "Thanks for letting me stay last night and hang around all day. I will go home now."