Chapter 7.

Chapter 7.

“WHAT?” Luke said as he started to pace.

“You’re going to be fine, just be yourself they aren’t going to kill you…yet.” I said trying to make him laugh. He turned his head and glared. “Oh come on it’s a joke, you will do fine, they are my best friends just don’t be like Will and you will be fine.” I said hooking my hands around his neck and kissing him softly. His hands wrapped around my waist and he kissed back. I pulled away and looked into his eyes. “You will be fine, now go wash up.” He shook his head and headed towards the bathroom.

It was seven and I heard my friend’s car coming down the road. Luke was still panicking and pacing. I felt like nothing I did could help him calm down. It was weird because it was only my friends.

“Why are you making a big deal about it? Who cares if they don’t like you?”

“I just want to make a good impression on your friends like you did on mine.” He said taking a deep breath. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“You will make a good impression on them, I know it.” I said. He put his hands on my waist and brought his lips to mine. Before we knew it the girls burst through the door.

“Oops.” Bailey said. She burst into laughter and so did the other girls. I shook my head and buried my head in the crook of Luke’s neck.  “Hey no need to be embarrassed, remember the first day you met Allen? We were about to… never mind.” We all started to laugh this time.

“Yeah I do remember that, it was the weirdest day ever.” I giggled. After we finished dinner we sat around the table. The girls were asking Luke a lot of questions. I could tell he was kind of uncomfortable. I gave Bailey the take it down a notch look and she got the hint immediately.

“So Annabelle told me you were in a band, any chance your band mates are single and ready to mingle?” Dianne asked smirking. Luke laughed a bit before telling her that Calum was looking for a girl and she sounded like the perfect girl for him. “Well then, I guess I’m going to have to meet this Calum.” She said giggling just thinking about it.

“Alright love’s we better get going, let these love birds have their time alone. Love you Annabelle talk to you soon.” Bailey said hugging me tight. “It was nice to finally meet you Luke.”

“It was nice to meet you too Bailey.” He said smiling. They all said goodbye and walked out the door. I waved out the window to them and watched them leave. I felt a pair of arms slip around my waist and a chin rest on my shoulder.

“Do you think they like me?” Luke asked.

“Absolutely, I’m just sorry they asked a lot of questions.” I kissed him lightly on the check and I felt him smile.

“It’s ok no need to apologize, they were just… trying to make sure I was ok for their best friend.” He turned me towards him and wrapped his arms around me. I buried my face into his chest and took a deep breath.

“What’s going to happen when you leave?” I asked quietly. Some part of me wanted him to not hear it but the other part wanted an answer.

“ I don’t know babe, but what I do know is that we will stay together I promise.”