XII

One year later.

A year had passed since Han and Lena had moved to Tokyo, the girl had had a better time than she expected, actually, she thought it was going to be more difficult.

Although in reality it had been difficult at first, mostly because of the language, but she learned it quickly, and she was happy with her life there, although yes, sometimes she missed going for a run, jumping out of planes or somewhere that could easily kill her, she was having a good time.

She had met quite a few people as well. Takashi was one, a men a little older than her, nephew of the head of the Yakuza, at first, Lessa did consider not letting Han get together with that boy, more than anything because of the danger, that the mere fact of being a Yakuza, implied.

But Han reassured her, telling her that he would just take care of some business, he would be like his accountant, the girl accepted it, asking him not to get in trouble with them.

Takashi and she didn't hate each other, of course they had their moments of arguments, but it was normal, the men had become a "friend". Actually, none of them considered themselves friends, but they knew how to live with each other, He had a friend with a strange name, which Lena do hate, but she didn't say anything because they were her boyfriend's "friends".

He had also met Earl and Reiko, some eighteen-year-old boys, the same age as Twinkie, in fact, they were friends, they went to the same class, they were classmates and that, the boy had introduced them, although of course, Han already knew them, Earl turned out to be a very practical connoisseur of cars, although he was somewhat proud, he was quite intellectual.

Reiko was a cute and intellectual girl who drove amazing, besides that she handled computers well and all that kind of thing, this one somehow reminded her of her sister, she was sweet and quite warm, it was good to hang out with her.

Despite the fact that Han and Lena had said that they would have a quiet life, they still resorted to the drifting tracks in Tokyo, not to run, more than anything to see and help some guys with their cars, every weekend they opened to make way for competitors who wanted to be literally crushed by DK.

DK, Drift King.

That was how Takashi had been nicknamed, the men was, without a doubt, the best drift racer in Tokyo, although Lena was sure that she or Han could beat him with their eyes closed, she preferred to let him be and continue on his cloud delusions with his girlfriend, Neela, who was a girl the same age as Twinkie.

Han told him that he should stop dating school girls, let her grow up, but he ignored any word that came out of the Asian's mouth.

Neela was a sweet girl, she knew her, they weren't that close but she had talked to her before, when DK went to run and they decided to wait for him at the end, she would sit next to her to chat a bit, but nothing more.

That's how it had been that year, somewhat chaotic with some arguments between them, but at the end of the day, neither of them could stay upset with the other, everything was fixed in no time and their life went on.

Lena brought it up every time she overthought things, it was hard and so different, but she might end up calling Tokyo home.

...

The night had come, with that, the awakening of Tokyo, that's what Lena called it, because in that place you didn't sleep until it was very early in the morning.

Also, the time to go out to see the races had arrived, Han had decided to close the workshop that day because he felt a little tired, so Lena stayed with him in bed all day, that was the best of her day, having him sleep in her chest while she caressed his straight hair, there was no better time in her day than that.