XXIII

Lena's eyes couldn't believe what they saw, Shaw on the ground lifeless while Dom watched him calmly as if nothing had happened.

The girl's eyes went from her brother's body to the briefcase that he was holding with such confidence, knowing that that thing was what the Russian needed, the girl quickly ran towards him, just when she passed by him, she took the briefcase, pulling it, with strength, out of his grip to run towards an alley. - Lena!

The girl did not listen, continuing her run, she almost fell to the ground when a bullet hit the wall in front of her, stopping in surprise, the girl turned to see her brother.

Had he just shot me?

- Listen, Dominic... I don't know what the hell is wrong with you, I don't know why you're doing all this... But you're my brother... And I know you're not going to hurt me. - Lena said confidently, tightening the briefcase in her grip.

Lena looked at him one last time before walking towards the alley next to her, ready to get out of there, which she failed to do when a bullet grazed her arm, it didn't hit her, but it distracted her enough for her to be pushed to the wall with force.

Lena's eyes looked at a rather familiar red-haired man in front of her, gun pointed at her as he smiled evilly. - You should have given it to him, because I am not your brother. - Lena held the briefcase tighter in her hand, preventing the man from snatching it from her. - You're just as stubborn as him, okay, I'll take it from a corpse.

Lena looked up as the gun pointed at her forehead, staring at it before seeing another gun, this one, aiming the redhead's hed in front of her. - And you are going to die for him? - Lena continued looking at the redhead, refusing to let go of the briefcase even though he pulled it several times.

Dom looked at his sister, something in those eyes made her feel guilty, as if taking the gun she had in her pocket and shooting the redhead would be the worst decision she could make, that's why she sighed in frustration before dropping the briefcase, leaving the redhead free to go with him.

Lena watched as Dom turned around, ready to leave, however, she spoke, making him stop. - I hope that, whatever the reason you are doing this, it is worth what you are doing to your family, Dom.

With that, the girl left the place, without looking at him, she walked out of the alley, leaving her brother with teary eyes watching how the youngest walked with one hand on her side but always with that demanding and confident posture as always.

The posture of a Toretto.

...

- Did they find something? - Lena asked, looking at the blonde who appeared, positioning herself next to him at the table where most of them were.

- Nothing, they disappeared.

-And what was it that Dom stole? - Lena continued, asking why so much fuss about that blessed briefcase.

- They are launch keys, defense just confirmed it to me... I don't know what he is planning because he has an EMP weapon and launch keys, they have something on their sights. - Lena also thought about what the woman wanted to achieve with that, she was already a queen of cyberterrorism, she did not understand what she could want that involved nuclear.

- And Decker? -Hobbs asked, making the blonde deny, he had died, Lena had seen how he fell lifeless to the ground, and although it was difficult for her to accept it because the last thing she said to him was a curse, she did not feel very sorry for him, although she would like to that he hadn't died and just been able to give him a hard punch at the end of that whole mission and then never see him again, she wasn't going to be able to do it.