XIX

—I'm still assimilating it... —Roman began, sitting next to Lena.

The couple had left the second floor to meet with the group, and although they looked calmer, everyone could notice how the girl looked distant, serious and with a somewhat lost look, Han on the other hand, had a sad look, and his posture looked insecure.

They hadn't make up much.

Lena was now sitting between Roman and Tej, ready to hear Han's words, the explanation he owed to everyone. —How can you be alive? I mean... But tell us the part where... The car explodes and you... You know... The reason for Lena's thousands of nightmares, and it turns out that you're still alive, not...

—Roman.. —Tej scolded, Lena looked at Han with doubt.

Lena could still feel that memory so vivid in her mind, she could feel her hands on the asphalt while Sean's arms tried to comfort her.

— We had plans, with Lena, we made plans, and although... I knew that Tokyo was not what she wanted, I could see that she was trying and giving it a chance... Although... I believed that... It wasn't enough. —Han said, looking at the ground, talking about the younger as if she were not right there.

Lena frowned, looking at the ground as she heard those last words. It was not enough? Did he mean that he didn't think she was okay in Tokyo?

— Until one day Mr. Nobody appeared at the door of our workshop. — Lena frowned, she had never seen the man enter that place. — He asked about Lena, I decided to tell him that she didn't live there anymore, he was a strange man with a strange appearance, He didn't seem very trustworthy to me... He told me that he knew she was there but decided not to argue and talk to me instead, came to offer her a job.

- A job? — Roman asked, looking at Lena before looking at Han. — Did you know him before?

— I met him in the same unpleasant way as you. — She said in a serious voice, looking at him with reluctance while she shrugged her shoulders.

— He trusted you, more than you think... — Han continued, making the duo look at him carefully. — The problem was that I didn't trust him, in his intentions... So I told him that I would do the job for you, if he refused, it would confirm my suspicions that he was not someone to trust... But he didn't , he did agree...

- What kind of job?

— I only knew that I had to steal a type of electronic from a couple of scientists, but as he always does, Mr. Nobody didn't tell me everything... In fact, he omitted the most important part, twice... — He said, passing his gaze to Lena and then to the girl sitting next to him, he encouraged her to speak, making everyone look at the her attentively.

— I was eleven years old, my parents took me to the movies on Saturdays if I did well at school during the week, I was so excited to go that I forgot my coat... So I went back to the house... — Lena could feel a pain in her chest when she saw the younger start to cry, deducing what had happened. — I didn't realize right away, by the time I looked out the window... They were dead.

Lena swallowed, looking down, Dom's eyes focused on her, he knew that Lena could empathize with her, she had also lost both of her parents, and had witnessed both deaths, although it was a somewhat sensitive topic in the family, everyone had overcome that fact, in different ways, but the pain was no longer the same as it was at the beginning.

—Turns out I wasn't the only one looking for that thing.

—Han saved my life, he couldn't leave me behind, he knew they would always hunt me, so he taught me how to survive... We became family. — Everyone's eyes left the youngest to go to Lena, who was looking at a fixed point on the wall behind the two Asians, everyone looked at each other and suddenly became silent.